Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Hello. :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Keepthefaith, 27 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Keepthefaith

Keepthefaith Member

Diet:
    Less calories and healthier options/More exercise
    Hello everyone.

I've been losing weight for a few months now. I have lost AROUND 2 stone, atlough I'm kinda muddled up at the moment so not sure of the exact amount I've lost.I will try and work that out properly in 3 weeks time when I get weighed by my doctor. I have gone from a size 20-22 to 16-18 though. :)

I found this site while looking for dieting forums, and it seems like a friendly, helpful place to be so here I am signin' up. It would be nice to have encouragment to carry on, as it's not always easy as I'm sure you all know! I still have a few stone to go!

I'm a comfort eater. I have been overweight since I was 10ish (I'm 20 1/2 now BTW. )It started off just being a bit chubby, but slowly escalated. It is a lifestyle change. I am learning that reaching for something to eat to try and make me feel happy, is not makng me happy in the long run.

Atlough I'm not "huge" I believe my weight has, and still is, setting me back from things I could be, do, and have. I also have PCOS, so to up my chances of being able to have children naturally, and safely this is what I gotta do.

I'm ready for a change. I want to feel more confident, happy, etc. and the weight will help with that I think. I'm already feeling better than I was before. I feel like there's a thin, fit, healthy girl inside screaming to get out! But I admit sometimes it seems like a long way off...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi and welcome, that's great news on the 2 stone, well done.

4. Keepthefaith

Keepthefaith Member

Diet:
    Thanks, Jim. I appreciate it. :)

5. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Hi there and :welcome2: I can identify with your post so much, especially the comfort eating and pcos. Keep posting and share your success. :)

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Well done with the pounds

Irene xx

7. Keepthefaith

Keepthefaith Member

Diet:
    Just wanted to say thank you for the welcome's. :) This is a very supportive site.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.