Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pinkyfluff, 8 May 2009 Social URL.

1. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi

Just joined you all.

My weight has been up and down for the past 12 years, been from a size 10 to a size 22 and everywhere in between several times.

I have previously lost weight with slimming world and although successful I did find it hard to fit in with my social life. It also taught me nought about portion control and as a binger that is not good.

I have yesterday started slim fast. It takes all the thought about food away from me. All I have to worry about is my evening meal and I can generally eat what the rest of my family are eating.

I also enrolled yesterday on a healthy eating NVQ course, its through work , but I figure its got to be worth knowing!

I work as a school cook in a primary school, so I am always around available food.

Anyway, enough waffle. Will be back later for a better scout around.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hello and welcome, working as a cook must make it very hard for you, I sympathise. Good luck on Slim fast. I must google that NVQ on healthy eating, I never realised it existed. :)

4. pinkyfluff

Diet:
    slimming world
    The NVQ/VRQ is through somerset college, all distance learning. Their site is mylearningcurve.co.uk I think.

Working as a cook is very hard, as we prepare everything from fresh so to see the end result looking tasty - its hard to say no. Especially to the puds!

Thanks for the welcome.

5. robyn2009

robyn2009 Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(29.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hello there & welcome

Im also new here just looking for a bit extra help & support. Im doing SW. Lost a lot got to target then put some on again restarted classes Monday.

good luck on your losses

Robyn

6. pinkyfluff

Diet:
    slimming world
    Good luck Robyn! I lost about 4 stone with SW, it is a great plan that works (as they all do if you give it 100%) but its not the one for me "now".

Good luck!

7. robyn2009

robyn2009 Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(29.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi

My BIL did slimfast a few years ago & he did really well on it and has managed to keep his weight off. I know what you mean when you say you just have to stick to the one that suits you best everyone is different.

all the best

Robyn

8. pinkyfluff

Diet:
    slimming world
    Exactly! I spend my entire working day thinking about food in one way or another, then i go home and the kids and hubby need feeding and I just get brain drain from thinking about food. So Slim Fast takes all that away from me!

Good luck!

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with slimfast and hope you enjoy your course

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.