Hello!

pinkyfluff

Grappling with life
Hi

Just joined you all.

My weight has been up and down for the past 12 years, been from a size 10 to a size 22 and everywhere in between several times.

I have previously lost weight with slimming world and although successful I did find it hard to fit in with my social life. It also taught me nought about portion control and as a binger that is not good.

I have yesterday started slim fast. It takes all the thought about food away from me. All I have to worry about is my evening meal and I can generally eat what the rest of my family are eating.

I also enrolled yesterday on a healthy eating NVQ course, its through work , but I figure its got to be worth knowing!

I work as a school cook in a primary school, so I am always around available food.

Anyway, enough waffle. Will be back later for a better scout around.

Thanks

Hello and welcome, working as a cook must make it very hard for you, I sympathise. Good luck on Slim fast. I must google that NVQ on healthy eating, I never realised it existed. :)

The NVQ/VRQ is through somerset college, all distance learning. Their site is mylearningcurve.co.uk I think.

Working as a cook is very hard, as we prepare everything from fresh so to see the end result looking tasty - its hard to say no. Especially to the puds!

Thanks for the welcome.

Hello there & welcome

Im also new here just looking for a bit extra help & support. Im doing SW. Lost a lot got to target then put some on again restarted classes Monday.

good luck on your losses

Robyn

Good luck Robyn! I lost about 4 stone with SW, it is a great plan that works (as they all do if you give it 100%) but its not the one for me "now".

Good luck!

Hi

My BIL did slimfast a few years ago & he did really well on it and has managed to keep his weight off. I know what you mean when you say you just have to stick to the one that suits you best everyone is different.

all the best

Robyn

Exactly! I spend my entire working day thinking about food in one way or another, then i go home and the kids and hubby need feeding and I just get brain drain from thinking about food. So Slim Fast takes all that away from me!

Good luck!

Back