Step 1 Sole Source Help, advice needed!

Mrs.N

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone could help me out, I'm really hoping to start the Cambridge diet as soon as possible as I have a lot of weight to loose (approximately 9 1/2 stone) but would like advice from anyone able to give it.
I have a few main questions, my husband is planning to take me out for valentines day so should I start the diet after that or is it ok to take an evening off?
Am I able to exercise whilst on the plan or should I just let my body do it thing at first?
Thanks so much to anyone that replies, hopefully I'll find some lovely supportive friends on here!
X

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone could help me out, I'm really hoping to start the Cambridge diet as soon as possible as I have a lot of weight to loose (approximately 9 1/2 stone) but would like advice from anyone able to give it.
I have a few main questions, my husband is planning to take me out for valentines day so should I start the diet after that or is it ok to take an evening off?
Am I able to exercise whilst on the plan or should I just let my body do it thing at first?
Thanks so much to anyone that replies, hopefully I'll find some lovely supportive friends on here!
X

Hi Mrs N,

Im browsing this section as I want to start Cambridge. I did Lighterlife over a year ago and have put back on most of the weight. Cambridge is cheaper so am considering that. They're similar. By 14 February you could lost a stone (don't quote me) I lost 17lbs in first two weeks. At your meal you could have protein and veg and get back on the diet immediately. Only you can decide as this may have implications on your mindset.

W

Thanks for your help Windy. Wow 17lbs in two weeks is fantastic! I think I'm going to get started and like you suggested be sensible at my meal, hopefully if I have started to loose lbs by then it will give me even more motivation to not go mad. Hope you find what's right for you aswell. Thanks again.
X

Hi Mrs. N! While having meals off is generally something that your consultant will try and get you to avoid where possible there are times in life when it's unavoidable or maybe you just don't want to avoid it like a special occassion. The big thing is to make sure you remember that a meal of doesn't mean you should take the whole day off...or the rest of the week etc.

If you plan on trying to have a "good" meal as well in terms of as close to on the diet you can get then I recommend taking a photo of your meal and sending it to your consultant...by making your choice accountable to someone else might help with the self control issues (I know it helps me though I do still struggle on a daily basis).

As for exercise I believe there are details in the book over what you can/can't or should be doing on each step and I think it's not recommended at least during the first few weeks while your body adjusts.

Good luck!

Hi Fay, thanks for your help. It's good to know I can get on with the diet straight away and not feel as though I'm putting it off! Well done on your weight loss so far, its amazing & I hope I can do just as well as you have.
Thanks again
X

Back