HELP! Advice on pre-mixing soups/shakes - can I do it?!

Lighterlady

Hi all,
Just had my first weigh in after 6 days (not 7!), lost 6lbs:D, so quite pleased! Not as much as some other people have in their first week, but about six times more than I would have lost on any other diet so I'm still chuffed!
Anyway, my CDC has panicked me saying that if you pre-mix shakes to take to work, you lose all the nutrients in them:eek:, which is why it says consume within 15 minutes (I hadn't noticed that bit!). It will be impossible for me to properly make up the soups at work, I find without a blender to mix, they are inedible. What should I do? What can I do? I don't like the tetras, they are too sweet for me, so can't have them at lunch. :sigh:What does everyone else do?
Anna x

Hello,
I had the same dilemma! I bought one of those hand held blenders, a cheapy from Asda and took a jug to work. Would that work for you? xx

Thanks, that is a good idea, but I kind of don't really want everyone at work to know I am on the diet, it is not exactly the kind of place where you share stuff like that! Just sticking a pre-mixed soup in the microwave, I can pretend it's a homemade one, and nobody suspects a thing! It's a really small kitchen you see, and always really busy. Hmm. Dilemma!
Does anyone know if the damage to the nutrients is huge?! I am tempted to still pre-mix! Someone please tell me if this is a disastrous idea!
:confused:

for soups pour the sachet into a mug, add some hot water a bit at a time and keep stirring all the time, slowly slowly add more water and you will get a lump free soup. If it needs heating then put in microwave

for milkshakes do the same but with cold water :)

pre mix

NO! You can't premix as you lose all the goodness out of them.. cant u try the tetras and water them down slightly. that is all i like now gone off normal shakes. good luck on your journey.x

If I have to have them at work, I use the tetras but add the same amount again of either hot water to chocolate or cold to banana.
They are too strong for me out of the box.

I also got a plastic beaker with a little whisk in the top from lakeland plastics £ 1.99 It mixes them up enough to not notice any tiny lumps ( don`t do lumps they make me gag) lol

I used it on hols aswell. Then people just think your having a milkshake drink.

Brilliant! Thanks guys! Will invest in a little mixer thing then, and mix stuff at work. I guess it is no different to having a cup a soup, except for the name on the packet!
I don't want to miss out on nutrients and things, can't afford to get ill.:eek:
Thank you everyone!!:)

You can have CD bars this week, why don't you take a bar, you can take the wrapper off and wrap it in tin foil and no one would be any wiser.

I like to slice mine up thinly and take my time eating it:)

It is very important to make sure you do make your shakes up fresh as we need them fresh...

Water-soluble vitamins dissolve in water. The body does not store them and they are eliminated in urine. We need a continuous supply of them in our diets.

The water-soluble vitamins like vitamin C and B complex group. B complex group prevent diseases like Beriberi, pellagra and pernicious anaemia and vitamin C prevents scurvy.

B complex group function as co enzymes that help the body obtain energy from food. They also are important for good vision, healthy skin, red blood cell formation, healthy nervous system, and for a normal appetite.

Vitamin C holds body cells together, assists in bone and tooth formation, strengthens the blood vessel walls, is vital for the function of our immune system, improves absorption and utilisation of iron and aids in wound healing.

Love Mini xxx

Sazzy, did you buy your thing from Lakeland recently? Just been looking for it in their catalogue online and can't find it! Be great if you could point me in the right direction!

Yes, its under the lock range.
C Shake & Drink Container

8 Dia. x 17cm H. (3" x 6¾"). 470ml.
Ref 10340
Price: £1.99

Hope this works

Found it! Just ordered one, and some other bits and pieces I saw! Oh dear! Thank you so much! Hopefully will get my nutrients properly now then!

Hey!! i've found if i use a little cold water then add boiling water to the tomato soup and whisk with fork it isn't lumpy!! I give it a real bashing though!! but it has a cunning disguise of a cup a soup!! hehe! :p

Back