Total Solution Help/Advice

sij1982

Hey all,

I am on day two of Total Solution and I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

I'm not finding the lack of food as bad as I thought I would and I'm more or less ok apart from feeling a bit hungry at times.

I know I can have any of the products at dinner time but I will feel a lot better having some sort of meal at dinner. So far I have tried the carbonara and the curry and I realllly didn't like either much. Would it mess things up completely if I was to have 2 packs through the day and say chicken or something at night if I stuck to protein and 200 calories? Even if I could do that a couple of times a week I think it would help.

As far as exante say you should always have the correct amount of packs to ensure you get all your nutrients. There is info on the exante website about plans which include an evening meal. You could dip in and out of those?

Hey,

Thanks for replying.

I had a look at the other plans. The only thing that worries me is that the weight won't come off as quick.

I'm sure once I find what I like it will help. I have forced myself to eat these things so I didn't waste them. I will stick it out the rest of this week. I'm sure as I feel less hungry not having what I feel like is a proper meal and having something else won't seem quite so bad.

The packs do taste different after time and once in ketosis so giving it some time is a good idea :)

Remember though if you're worried about the weight coming off fast giving up altogether will take even longer so if you have to have an evening meal to get through its the lesser of two evils!

Good luck!

Why don't you try WS for a week and see what the weight loss is like? 3 packs plus a low carb meal it'll probably still be a lot less calories as you were eating before.
your taste buds really do change I hated carbonra at first now im on week 10 and have it everyday!
Good Luck :) x

Thanks for the advice guys :)

I had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and I'm 5lbs down after doing it for 2 days with no cheating so I'm definitely going to stick at it.

I think I will save something I like for my evening 'meal' and stick with pancakes or a bar.

Fantastic well done!!

That's the spirit :) who says you can't have pudding for dinner lol!

I tried the gooey chocolate pudding yesterday.. Think I'll pass on that lol

Ended up making two. The first one had no goo so got binned. The second wasn't as bad but was so dry round the edges so didn't finish it.

Perhaps I just can't cook, even in a microwave.

I wonder if anyone can help me answer a questions about ketostix :) So they are darker than the lightest colour. Probably between the first and second colour of the lightest darker ones (if that makes sense).

How dark should they be to be in ketosis?

To be honest I wouldn't bother with ketostix. They are not very accurate, for example if you're really hydrated the colour will appear lighter although you may have lots of ketones. If you're not hungry and weight is dropping off you then you're in ketosis and that's all you need to know really :)

I was crazy hungry yesterday (day 4) but I powered through it. Feeling a lot better this morning. Not ate yet and don't feel like I really need to so maybe today is the day.

Even though I've been hungry I haven't found it all even close to as bad as I expected. I had lost 4 stone a couple of years ago (put 3 back on) through sticking to 1200 cals and exercise. Even then I would make sure I had some sort of chocolate and crisps in these calories. Didn't think I could get through a day without some rubbish but it's not that bad. Yay!

Sounds like you're doing fine to me! I think exante try and give lots of options so you don't feel like you're missing out but I guess nothing replaces the real craving food lol just remember it's all in your head!

Your right. I've been trying for months to get back into the diet and exercise and I've made so many excuses to talk myself out of it.

I get married in 3 months so I don't have time now to talk myself out of it.

Ah exciting times ahead then!! Just keep focusing on that big day!

After a couple of weeks your brain sort of resets anyway so eating normal food is what seems strange lol :p

I did cheat this morning. Choked with the cold and feeling sorry for myself so had a slice of toast. I wasn't even hungry, it was more just to east something.

Strangely enough I just tested a ketostix and the reading is now really dark.... think I'll take your advice and ignore them lol.

Don't give up. I usually have a few slip ups in the week but just a bit of chicken or something. Try and keep some low carb emergency stuff about just in case :)

I'm definitely not giving up. It was part being lazy and part not being able to stand any of the exante stuff when I wasn't really hungry. I think I'm going to need to force something in tonight. Not even close to hungry... which I'm quite happy about :)

Do you mind if I ask how long you've been doing Exante?

I've only been on a week at the mo but did 3 months solid a couple years ago and the odd month between then and now as I kept giving up after that lol!

3 months is great! Well done you :)

That's my aim for now then I'm gonna enjoy 2 weeks of being greedy then hopefully go back on it again for another couple of months.

Did you lose a lot?

Same here for now just got to make it to easter! Lost about 4 stone that time so I'm everythin crossed for the same again!!

Back