help and only on day 2 :-(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by bettylollypop, 5 October 2010 Social URL.

1. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    well after starting plan yesterday and doing very well and doing so well today, i was so proud of myself, doesn't sound brill but for me to get through a full day is amazing. took pleanty fruit to college with me today along with my lunch, and on way home i had a banana so i wouldn't get in
    to the house starving and binge. My mum and dad have me for dinner and the kids on a tues as it is my late day and they said it would be the sw curry recipe they were going to make (i gave them the recipe and everyone loves it), so i got in and was ready for a big pile of curry with rice and when i seen it it was very pale in colour. My dad had added coconut milk and cream to it!!!! I couldn't be rude and not eat it. I was gutted afterwards and came home and ate 2 wispas. Please somebody give me a kick up the bum before i let my eating get out of control tonight. Part of me thinks oh well i'll hit the biscuit cupboard and the other part of me is saying draw a line.:sigh: Sorry for the rant but it gets it off my chest xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    Draw a line, Betty, and get back on track again. Tomorrow is another day :)

4. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well what about trying to work out the syns from tonight & deduct them from your weeks allowence?

5. chris_s

chris_s Less of a man each day

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.13%)
    Diet:
    sw
    :whoopass: Closest thing to a kick up the bum I could find. Now as has been said, tmmrw is another day.

6. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    Hiya, I think you should do as suggested and deduct it from your weekly allowance (105 syns) and then it's manageable.

The Wispas are 10.5 each, and I think a tin of full fat coconut milk is 39 syns but that would need to be divided by however many people ate the meal so even if it was only three adults then all in all you've still had fewer syns that many do on a Saturday night. (Myself included!)

Maybe next time gently suggest that your dad doesn't tinker with the recipe you give him, or at least point him in the direction of reduced coconut milk :D

Personally I always do my syns by the week and start counting down as I use them after weigh day. I find it gives me a bit more flexibility at the weekend or when I'm out for dinner which suits my lifestyle.

Anyway, don't worry too much, you won't have done any damage if stay on plan the rest of the week. Good luck!

7. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Don't let it ruin your week, the more you add to it the harder it will be to get back on track and have a loss.
    Come on you can do this!

8. ktbryony

ktbryony Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.9%)
    draw a line and start fresh tomorrow! we have all done it at some point!! x

9. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Exactly what I was going to suggest:D

10. MrsR2004

MrsR2004 Full Member

Yes I was going to suggest the same, if you deduct from your weekly total you feel a lot more in control and a lot less like you 'fell off the wagon' or failed in anyway. You take back control.

Keep going xxxxx

11. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the fact they were happy to do a SW recipe for you in the first place! Shows they are happy to support you along the way. Maybe you could just explain nicely and politely why they should stick to the recipes, or at least warn you in advance if they are going to tinker with them so you can plan your syns accordingly.

As for what to do ... I would suggest you just forget about it - the curry and choccy alike. Draw a line under it, forget about it, just carry on as if it never happened. If it's only your first week you are bound to get away with it on the scales, and you can properly enjoy the rest of the week with all your syns intact for you to use how you see fit.

But next time something out of control happens ... don't reach for the choccy - reach for the Wii fit :)

12. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thanks everyone, as usual fab advice x

13. laura2481

laura2481 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(12.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh dear, it's annoying when you are unexpectedly sabotaged by people (even if they don't do it deliberately). I have had to start being 'rude' and saying 'I can't eat this' or 'I'll have xxx instead' or I would be sabotaged all the time! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.