HELP!! Anyone there on LL for the 2nd time?

just wondering if anyone out there is in my position? i have a social event tomorrow involving a sit down Italian meal with wine and I haven't stopped worrying bout it! I'm only on day 5 tomorrow so would appreciate any tips to get me through. I don't have a problem drinking water, but how do I disguise the fact that I'm not eating!!!????

xThanksx

GG
:sigh:

Hey,
Tough but i guess there are two things you can do. You can either just do the black coffee route and a bar and explain or you can push food round your plate. I found both a bit of a pain. I didn't like to have to explain myself to anyone and have to justify my choice to be on the plan. I found that folk were fasinated and that made them more nosy than they needed to be. I didn't particularly like that. I have, in the past, used the old, I have a headache and left. Not really good for sociallising but at an early stage it was how I coped. I am back on plan again too and I was supposed to be going out for dinner tonight with friends. i have decided not to meet them until after they have eaten as I know that I will just want to eat with them. Hard to miss out but I know myself too well.
The push some food about the plate may well be a good option, a little rice, a little curry, smash up a popadom and play with it in your hands like you are going to eat it. Depends how good you are at just playing with it and not eating it!!! I would fail miserably at the moment.
Stick to the plan if you can, hard I know, not doing so well at it myself this past couple of weeks but we both know it works if we work with it.
Good luck.

Hey,
Tough but i guess there are two things you can do. You can either just do the black coffee route and a bar and explain or you can push food round your plate. I found both a bit of a pain. I didn't like to have to explain myself to anyone and have to justify my choice to be on the plan. I found that folk were fasinated and that made them more nosy than they needed to be. I didn't particularly like that. I have, in the past, used the old, I have a headache and left. Not really good for sociallising but at an early stage it was how I coped. I am back on plan again too and I was supposed to be going out for dinner tonight with friends. i have decided not to meet them until after they have eaten as I know that I will just want to eat with them. Hard to miss out but I know myself too well.
The push some food about the plate may well be a good option, a little rice, a little curry, smash up a popadom and play with it in your hands like you are going to eat it. Depends how good you are at just playing with it and not eating it!!! I would fail miserably at the moment.
Stick to the plan if you can, hard I know, not doing so well at it myself this past couple of weeks but we both know it works if we work with it.
Good luck.

Hi Scotwannabethin

Thanks for your reply. I've cracked it - managed to say to the others going to the meal today that i'll come along for a drink (soda water!!!) but I won't stay for the meal as I have promised to take my kids to the cinema - it went down fine and i now know I can order pizza for my kids when I'm leaving the restaurant and take it away - as if I'm sharing it before I go!! Yay - it can be done - they'll all have had so much to drink by the time i get there that nobody will really notice!!

Thanks tho - someone else suggested "having toothache!" but I'll reserve that for another time!!!

Cheers and hope you're having a good Saturday!

GG x

Back