HELP!! Anyone there on LL for the 2nd time?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Returners' started by gheckogirl, 11 July 2008 Social URL.

1. gheckogirl

gheckogirl Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    just wondering if anyone out there is in my position? i have a social event tomorrow involving a sit down Italian meal with wine and I haven't stopped worrying bout it! I'm only on day 5 tomorrow so would appreciate any tips to get me through. I don't have a problem drinking water, but how do I disguise the fact that I'm not eating!!!????

xThanksx

GG
    :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Hey,
    Tough but i guess there are two things you can do. You can either just do the black coffee route and a bar and explain or you can push food round your plate. I found both a bit of a pain. I didn't like to have to explain myself to anyone and have to justify my choice to be on the plan. I found that folk were fasinated and that made them more nosy than they needed to be. I didn't particularly like that. I have, in the past, used the old, I have a headache and left. Not really good for sociallising but at an early stage it was how I coped. I am back on plan again too and I was supposed to be going out for dinner tonight with friends. i have decided not to meet them until after they have eaten as I know that I will just want to eat with them. Hard to miss out but I know myself too well.
    The push some food about the plate may well be a good option, a little rice, a little curry, smash up a popadom and play with it in your hands like you are going to eat it. Depends how good you are at just playing with it and not eating it!!! I would fail miserably at the moment.
    Stick to the plan if you can, hard I know, not doing so well at it myself this past couple of weeks but we both know it works if we work with it.
    Good luck.

4. gheckogirl

gheckogirl Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi Scotwannabethin

Thanks for your reply. I've cracked it - managed to say to the others going to the meal today that i'll come along for a drink (soda water!!!) but I won't stay for the meal as I have promised to take my kids to the cinema - it went down fine and i now know I can order pizza for my kids when I'm leaving the restaurant and take it away - as if I'm sharing it before I go!! Yay - it can be done - they'll all have had so much to drink by the time i get there that nobody will really notice!!

Thanks tho - someone else suggested "having toothache!" but I'll reserve that for another time!!!

Cheers and hope you're having a good Saturday!

GG x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.