Help Atkins Diet

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by Whitey, 17 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Whitey

Whitey Full Member

Hi i am curently doing the CD and have lost 1.5 stone but I'm so board of the shakes, bars and soups and I miss meat and food in general. I have sent for the Atkins diet books from and cant wait for them to come. Can anybody tell me what website to look on for Atkins and also i would like to start tommorrow but have no idea what you can eat and tips would be gratefully received.:)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

Hi Whitey,

Atkins is basically a diet of meat, fish, cheese, cream, eggs, and 1 cup of low carb veggies per day. You need to consume less that 20grams of carbs a day. It is a ketosis based diet. I am trying a modified version called the idiot proof diet (see here; pig2twig ) , which, i think, is a bit healthier, as you can have more veg and its lower in fat. I am enjoying it so far, and have lost 11lb in 2 weeks. I am chuffed with that. The only drawback is that i miss sweet things! I am having sugar free jellies with cream where required.

I dont know of an Atkins site, sorry.

Good luck!
  4. RED

RED Full Member

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.