Help before I loose the plot?!??

JoFlo2

Hello kind and lovely people - can I have some help?

I have been sound SW from home seriously keeping a diary since 22/1 - I WI at 11.4 3/4

I started a food diary on this site at the beginning of feb. "jo's desperate attempt to get it right"

I think this is a fair amount of time before asking for help...

I have WI this morning at home same as each Tues and today I weight.... 11.3 1/4 !!!

Now I do not ask for miracles but please 1.5lb in 4 weeks!!!?

I have been 100% on plan, only 2 days have I gone over 15 syns BUT each week I have been btwn 70-85 so well within target.

I always measure my hexb

I do not always measure my hex a but this is always milk in tea and in last week I have even cut that down by having more water/sugar free squash.

I exercise regularly , couch 2 5k, gym and swim but not excessively (av 3 sessions a week)

I have a young family and work shifts and so want SW to work for me, it seems the best eating plan to fit in and teach my children how to eat properly!!

Any suggestions please.

I have even synned stolen bites of children's leftovers!!

Are you eating enough? Are you drinking enough water?

Though to be fair I have lost less than that in 4 weeks and been fully on plan, all depends on your body. Maybe give red/green a bash, or do what i do and mis ee, red and green

Are you eating and drinking enough when you're working? I know my weight loss suffers when I work (I'm also a shift worker) as I tend to miss meals and not drink enough fluids. When this happens I usually have a couple of red days and that seems to get my weight loss started again.

Are you eating enough? Are you drinking enough water?

Though to be fair I have lost less than that in 4 weeks and been fully on plan, all depends on your body. Maybe give red/green a bash, or do what i do and mis ee, red and green

Thanks, I think I'm eating enough I have 3 big meals and snack on fruit and free foods normally fruit. I don't drink we'll at home but have been making an effort to up this.

Are you eating and drinking enough when you're working? I know my weight loss suffers when I work (I'm also a shift worker) as I tend to miss meals and not drink enough fluids. When this happens I usually have a couple of red days and that seems to get my weight loss started again.

Thanks for that, I'm normally ok with shifts my main meal is normally at home but I've been super prepared the last few weeks ensuring I take prepared food in, lots of fruit and squash to up my fluids ( instead of south tea) I'm really stuck!!

I've never really tried red days I'll give it a go this week!

If all else fails maybe try a 777 week of success express (theres threads around for both) and see if either of them kickstart the weight loss.

Hiya. Had a quick look at your diary and the one thing that jumped out was the amount of times you were estimating syns for stuff, like 5-10 fries in Mc'Ds - 2 syns, or the scraping of flora, or the dip into your hubs bag of chocolate buttons. Its possible you are under synning stuff.

Also you do need to measure out your milk. I have seen people have twice as much as a HEA allowance by just putting a splash in their tea each time.

Your proportions of food seem fine for your meals, and you are definitely eating enough superfree.

The only other thing is - the snacks you take for your night shift - it seems quite a lot of food on top of 3 proper meals. Are you eating becuase you are hungry on those shifts or are you bored, or even thirsty?

Hiya. Had a quick look at your diary and the one thing that jumped out was the amount of times you were estimating syns for stuff, like 5-10 fries in Mc'Ds - 2 syns, or the scraping of flora, or the dip into your hubs bag of chocolate buttons. Its possible you are under synning stuff.

Also you do need to measure out your milk. I have seen people have twice as much as a HEA allowance by just putting a splash in their tea each time.

Your proportions of food seem fine for your meals, and you are definitely eating enough superfree.

The only other thing is - the snacks you take for your night shift - it seems quite a lot of food on top of 3 proper meals. Are you eating becuase you are hungry on those shifts or are you bored, or even thirsty?

Thanks kingleds, I agree about the estimating syns , however I usually attempt to over estimate these, for example the choc buttons was a kids multi pack and I had about 5/6 buttons in total! Although I know I can't be certain.

Measuring my milk is ok at home but difficult at work, I may have to come out of the tea club to be able to properly monitor it.

The grazing on nights does seem a lot but only on top of 3 meals on the first night as I'm up for 24 hours. The following nights it is lunch as I only eat breakfast when I wake and dinner before I go into work. I don't think I had the mugshot any night but always have one in the locker in case.

Thanks again I really appreciate it!

Sounds like you are doing the Plan OK. post the link to your diary so we can take a look!

Have you measured your self sometimes you may not have lost weight but you may have shrunk due to building muscle which weights more than fat. So you may be slimmer???

What ever you do not lose heart in this, SW does work!

Sarg, thanks, I have measured my waist, and haven't re measured but have not felt a significant change in my clothes.

On the milk front, I would measure out 250mls of water in a bottle, draw a line on the bottle & fill up to that line with my milk for the day. Take it with you to work & then you don't need to worry about going over.

I can't imagine trying to stay up for 24 hours personally do fair play to you!

On the milk front, I would measure out 250mls of water in a bottle, draw a line on the bottle & fill up to that line with my milk for the day. Take it with you to work & then you don't need to worry about going over.

I can't imagine trying to stay up for 24 hours personally do fair play to you!

Good idea thanks again

Thanks again everyone - I have completed my first red day!

Please continue to pop in for a chat or advice on my food diary - support today was great!!!

So just to update and again say thanks

WI today showed 11.1 1/4 - a loss of 2lb !!

Main difference - more sugar free squash and a couple red days!!

I've been drinking a lot of squash but after reading through this and seeing the difference drinking sugar free has made to you I think I will also follow your lead!

Back