Help! Brain power required!

beccy_bebe

Hiyall! Need a bit of thinky help here! My and I have a lil new year challenge set - we have brides/bridesmaid dress fittings beg of April. I'm firmly SW - she's with "the other lot". I have 1.5 stone to lose she has 2.5. We want to throw in a little incentive - like we'll buy a massage between us and first past the post gets it. But i can't work out how to make the measurements fair if she has more to lose... this might be a fairly basic maths q - so apols if i just sound dense! I initially thought % - but for me to lose 1lb, that's 5% loss for me, but for her to lose 1lb it's only 2% - so that doesnt feel fair. Any ideas on how to level the playing field? ta!

Calculate % loss instead. If you're 150lbs then a 10% loss is 15lbs. If your friend is 200lbs then a 10% loss is 20lbs. So work out the percentage loss you need to achieve to reach target and do the same for her. Only thing is one of you might want to be slimmer than the other therefore making your % loss higher. But if you both want to be around the same weight you can calculate as above. If you want post yours and your friends weights and I'll work it out for you.

having done the maths

you need to lose 21lb she needs to lose 35lb (35/21=) she needs to lose about 1.65lb for every 1lb you lose
you will both get to target in 21 weeks if you lose the 1 and she loses the 1.65 per week
HTH

Why not buy 2 treats and then you can both go together when you get to your goals, one might have to wait a little while for the other to catch up but as you will have both worked really hard to achieve, then I think you both deserve a reward.

- Why don't you set yourselves a goal of a certain amount of lbs, that way no matter what weight you are, its a clear goal and your beginning weights make no difference.

if you both set on a stone, youd have both been aiming for the same goal with no unfair advantage? x

Back