Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Help - Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup

Discussion in 'SW Sizzling Summer Recipes' started by Jack_D, 22 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Jack_D

Jack_D Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Need your help - i bought some butternut Squash and Sweet Potato, would i be able to make a soup out the them... if yes what else would you put in it....

Thanks

Jack_D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. eileenfatpants

eileenfatpants Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    slimming worls
    I have just had butternut squash and sweet potato soup for lunch, I chop them both up add chopped onions, salt and pepper and a vegetable stock cube made up with boiling water, boil for about 20 mins then blend. I also add a few chillis flakes it gives it a real kick and is lovely x

4. herewego

herewego Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's too late now I guess, but one of my favourite soups is BNS and sweet potato soup.

I just cut the squash and the sweet potatoes into chunks (I don't even peel either of them) together with an onion cut into chunks (I do peel the onion though ;)). Sprinkle with cinnamon or cumin (or both) and roast in the oven for an hour or so until soft.

Blend with vegetable or chicken stock to desired consistency. - It's lovely! :)

5. HeatherJay

HeatherJay Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.94%)
    sounds great herewego, will def try that

6. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

There's a recipe in the link in my sig, the very first recipe is for carrot, coriander, butternut squash and sweet potato soup, it's gorgeous!

Last edited: 31 March 2011
  7. B's lovely lady

B's lovely lady Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(7.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world Green days
    Hmmmmm I always make BNS and sweet potato soup - just like above i always add lots of garlic and some type of curry powder to make it spicy! I blend mine, it's so thick and creamy without any cream!!

8. VITFA

VITFA Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    this is my fav soup - i put onions, leek bns and sweet pots in - sooooo scrummy and creamy yummy

L

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.