Help! Can you recommend Cook Books, Low GI, Carb, Chicken etc please?

lillypop

now got pictures in album
I want to get some cook books, I've only got 2 :eek:

What I'm looking for is a cook book that features lots of different ways to cook chicken, low carb food, low gi food, I'm cooking lots of different things for Gareth and love cooking it and watching him eat it (yes it is weird) but I dont know which one to get.

Basically, by the time I come off CD, I want to be completely up on all foods and know what I'm doing, and how many calories are in what etc. but can you tell me what cook books you use?

Very grateful, thanks :D

I don't have a cook book, but just remember you can search for some amazing recipes on youtube and they take you through it all AND ITS FREE!
I use it for baking and when I am stuck for ideas of what to cook, you can be as picky as u like.
Also websites like martha stewart, good housekeeping and nigella.

If u want a physical cookbook I would suggest looking on Amazon and seeing what other buyers have rated them like.

I've had a look on amazon but there are so many to chose from isnt there! I will have a look at the websites u mentioned. Hopefully get some other people who have been on CD and use recipes after too would be great!

A simple introduction to Gi would be Helen Foster...The GI Diet Plan "Use the glycaemic index to lose weight and gain energy"

I think she does a good job of explaining what is GI and gives 20 good reasons to eat low-GI foods.

Her recipes are easy to follow.

Anthony Worrall Thompson's GI diet again he does a good job at the beginning of the book recipes okay...

The GI cookbook from Paragon is very reasonably priced £5.99.

I like the way the colour code GI Low Foods, Medium Foods and High Foods so you can see what is what at a glance.

If you look around your supermarket you will pick up a bargain in cookbooks every now and then.

Anthony was a present but the other two books I picked up in Tesco:)

You're a STAR MIni!! thanks sooo much I'm going to have a look now on amazon and get some of those that you've said. thanks soooo much gareth will be pleased too!!!

I have bought several books off Amazon, but have also borrowed loads from my local public library, which is FREE ( unless you have to reserve the book, in order to get it off someone who keeps renewing it ).
Have you got a library near you??
My CDC recommends the GI/GL books, some mentioned in the previous posts and uses them for her maintaining.

I have a couple of the books mentioned & dont really use them. Interested ?

A simple introduction to Gi would be Helen Foster...The GI Diet Plan "Use the glycaemic index to lose weight and gain energy"

I think she does a good job of explaining what is GI and gives 20 good reasons to eat low-GI foods.

Her recipes are easy to follow.

Anthony Worrall Thompson's GI diet again he does a good job at the beginning of the book recipes okay...

The GI cookbook from Paragon is very reasonably priced £5.99.

I like the way the colour code GI Low Foods, Medium Foods and High Foods so you can see what is what at a glance.

If you look around your supermarket you will pick up a bargain in cookbooks every now and then.

Anthony was a present but the other two books I picked up in Tesco:)

Just ordered the Helen Foster one on amazon!

Back