Help! Cant switch off!

guzmum

Title says it all really! I did sw to losr my post baby weight, did that fairly quickly and have been at target for over a year now. However i find myself still totally obsessing over every single item i eat, still counting syns on all foods etc.
Being told by various friends and family that im now too thin and need to put weight on (nah, not gonna happen!) I used to be 7-10lb heavier before my last pregnancy and didnt really have to think about food atvall. But now i obsess all the sodding time, its driving me nuts! How can i just get back to normal? I just want to enjoy my food/family times. :(

I know what you mean, I think if you've been dieting for a while it can become an obsession as you are afraid if you don't count calories you will balloon up again. I have only just reached my goal weight but feel a bit scared that I will lose control and put it back on. I'm probably going to do the 5:2 diet so if I do over indulge on the weekend I should still be ok overall, and obviously weigh myself every few weeks. It's not easy is it.

I looked at the 5:2 diet but my portion control has gone mental since being on sw, and the thought of 500 cals for one day seems impossible( for me!). Love the sw way if eating, very healthy but think im totally OTT with it.

I stopped obsessing about it after getting top target weight, but di weigh myself every week. I followed the principle that if I ate more than I should one day, I would compensate the next- this worked until October last year when I more or less stopped the weekly weigh ins and discovered I had put on a stone since then. I think the weekly weigh ins just kept me on track.

Back