help cheese sauce

yorkshirejo

wanting to make a lasagne was thinking of using laughing cow cheese for the sauce but how do i go about this would it be ok with natural yogurt or fromage frais or is there any other way of making syn free sauce thanks

I've heard if you add water to laughing cow and heat in the microwave it produces a cheese sauce! Never made it myself and would not know the quantities. It would seem reasonable to mix fromage frais, however, it could split if you over do the heating.

I have made a lasgane with Quark in the layers. It was really nice and easy, I just then sprinkled a little bit of grated chedder on the top to give the nice browned top.

if you use quark or natural yogurt put a egg in with it to stop it splitting when heated,the quark that you get from lidl has a cheese spread taste so would be quite good for cheese sauce,I put it on jacket spuds and pasta.let us know how you get on,I havent made a lasagne yet but would like to try

I've not had a great deal of luck with syn free cheese sauce for lasagne, so we use the Colman's cheese sauce sachet mix. It's 8 syns, but we make lasagne big enough to serve 4 very hungry people, so 2 syns overall per serving is ok with me.

Let us know if you have any luck with syn free versions?

I've not had a great deal of luck with syn free cheese sauce for lasagne, so we use the Colman's cheese sauce sachet mix. It's 8 syns, but we make lasagne big enough to serve 4 very hungry people, so 2 syns overall per serving is ok with me.

Let us know if you have any luck with syn free versions?

We use that one as well and its lovely. We're the same i make 2 lasagnes so we freeze one so the syn value is 2 each - well worth it for a proper tasting cheese sauce. You need to use milk though so have to count that as your HEA but again 1/2 pt serves 4

Back