HELP....Constipation!!

I bought some powder this morning although there isn't any way I need it atm because the packets seem to have the opposite effect on me :confused: :confused: .

I'm hoping this is a temporary thing because it is making me feel very drained and light headed and that's just after one
day. Has anyone else been like this at the start of their "campaign"?

Hi Lara,
It's a common side effect when starting sole source.If you look in the Sole Source booklet that your counsellor gave you, it will explain what the likely side effects might be when you start. The good news is that it's transient and will lessen and disappear once you are in established ketosis.
The Constipation is unfortunately for me and quite a few others an ongoing thing with sole source. I find that I need to take 2 tspns of fibre 89 every day AND have either a peanut or Cranberry bar 4 times a week to keep my poo reasonably regular (the crunch bars contain almost 10g fibre each, which really helps!)
I hope that you get through to the 'other side' safely and enjoy the 'up' side of ketosis soon!

I bought some powder this morning although there isn't any way I need it atm because the packets seem to have the opposite effect on me :confused: :confused: .

I'm hoping this is a temporary thing because it is making me feel very drained and light headed and that's just after one
day. Has anyone else been like this at the start of their "campaign"?

You may find that the Psyilliium husk or fibre gel may help to bind things.

They are not like a laxative, what they do is add bulk to your diet, I was perscribed Fibregel by my doc a couple of years ago as suffered excess acid following gallbladder removal op, meant the acid was just passing through causing pain etc (TMI) Because CD etc are high water content and low food substance/bulk some people get constipated (me) or like you go the other way. Give it a try you may find it will help.:D

I'm on week three and I'm having the 'opposite' problem too, I think it's the bars because that's when it seems to get worse and my stomach starts making some very odd noises! Not great! Does anything help with this?x

I'm on week three and I'm having the 'opposite' problem too, I think it's the bars because that's when it seems to get worse and my stomach starts making some very odd noises! Not great! Does anything help with this?x

Oddly enough, PH professes to alleviate this problem too because of its 'liquid absorbing' qualities (eeeuwww). I've never tried it for that (never needed to) but maybe a teaspoon a day might help regulate things? Might be worth trying for a week to see if it helps.

hi

i went to see my cdc this morning and asked her for some fibre89 and she told me to try dulcolax or slimatee from holland & barratt, i got some of the slimatee to try, its a herbal tea and was just wondering if anyone else has tried this?
ive been "going" every 2 to 3 days but god its nearly as bad as giving birth (sorry for that) lol

Back