Help! Cooling dip ideas for jerk chicken!

ermintrude

Gold Member
Ive a bit, er, over-chillied my jerk chicken! I have also over-chillied my mango salsa! Halp!

Anyone know a good recipe for a cooling yoghurt dip or something I could make to go with it to save our mouths from burning down? I've got a few Indian ones but I dont think theyd go with the jerk as its quite sweet?

Thanks anyone! :)

oh no you poor thing, all that hard work too making it1
cant help as rubbish at any form of cooking!
have you got a recipe for the jerk chicken please. :)

Sure, here ya go:

Jerk chicken kebabs with mango salsa

Ingredients:

For the chicken:
2 onions, finely chopped
2 tsp chilli paste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg
Juice 1 orange
Grated zest and juice 1 lime
2 tsp Encona Hot Pepper Sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
Salt & pepper
4 chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
2 peppers, chopped into chunks

For the salsa:
1 mango, peeled, stoned & cubed
1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped

Method:
Fry onions gently in Fry Light for 10 min until soft
Add chilli paste, garlic, ginger, thyme, all spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and fry for 2 min
Add orange juice, lime zest and juice, hot pepper sauce and sugar
Simmer to a dark paste, season and leave to cool
When cool, set aside a couple of tablespoons of jerk for use as a dip later, then add the chicken to the main bowl of jerk, mix thoroughly and leave to marinate for at least an hour or overnight if possible

Meanwhile mix all the salsa ingredients together and put aside

When ready to cook thread chicken and peppers alternately onto skewers and bake for 15-20 min or until cooked.

Serve with rocket salad, sweet potato wedges and the mango salsa

Gorgeous!

Just in case anyone's interested, that recipe was gorgeous! After Id left it to marinade for a few hours the chilli really clamed down as it infused more, both in the chicken and the salsa, both were absolutely gorgeous! Still hot and spicy but I will definitely be cooking this again. I only used 2 chicken breasts as it was only for 2 of us but I made the whole amount of jerk marinade and it worked out just about right, leaving a nice amount to dip the wedges in - so if youre making this recipe Id either halve the chicken in it or double the marinade as the coverage was perfect I thought. Here's a piccie:

5914743993_c748218b52_o.jpg

Yum yum! :)

PS Forgot to mention it made 3 kebabs this size. We shared the other at the end :)

I'm having it again tonight:)

That looks lush!:) Adding this to my list of to-eats :)

Back