Extra Easy Days Echo's food diary

I started the slimming world diet last Wednesday after realizing that over the last couple of years I've gained four stones that shouldn't be hanging around my waist.

I'm 5'8 and currently weigh 14 stones. My target weight is 10 stones so I have a long way to go.

I'll be joining a class at the end of February but at the moment I'm doing it at home with resources I find online and here on minim ins

So that I can track what i'm eating and hopefully get some feedback i'll be tracking my daily meals here

Monday 30th January

Breakfast -- 2 Weetabix with some semi skimmed milk
10am Break -- overnight oats made with fat free greek yoghurt and Aldi's frozen forest fruits
12pm Lunch -- 3 farmfoods fajita chicken fillets with pilau rice. and a satsuma orange. drank with green tea and a glass of water
3:30pm Afternoon Break -- Tesco's vegetable sushi (68g pack)
6:00pm -- Snack -- Satsuma
7:00pm Dinner -- 3 chicken breast fillets, baked beans, five new potatoes, and vegetable slices baked in the oven (carrot, courgette, potato, Onion, )

I also have some defrosted forest fruits / pineapple / mango for later if I get hungry to eat with fat free yoghurt.

I've prepared a big jar of overnight oats to last me a couple of days. Made with oats, fat free greek yoghurt, frozen forest fruits, mango and pineapple. .. (how long does overnight oats last in the fridge for? I was thinking about separating it out once its ready and taking it to work over a few days)

Am I doing this right and eating everything I should be?

Tuesday 31st January

Breakfast 8am -- 2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk
10am break -- mango, pineapple and forest fruits with fat free strawberry yoghurt
Lunch 1:30 -- ASDA Chinese chicken curry ( 1/2 Can.. cant find syns for this?) and long grain rice
Snack 3:00 Satsuma
Dinner 5:30 -- smoked haddock with potatoes and peas
Snack 8:00 Satsuma

Last edited:
Wednesday 1st February

Breakfast 6:00am -- 2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk
Break 10:00 -- Overnight oats with forest fruits, mango, pineapple
Dinner 12:00pm -- Turkey with long grain rice, satsuma, a cup of green tea and a glass of water
Break - 3:00pm -- Frozen fruits with 0& greek yoghurt
Snack -- 5;00 Tesco Salmon and Cucumber sushi (68g pack)
Dinner : 6:30 -- Chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper on a bed of vegetable rice, served with vegetable slices and baked beans
Snack 8:30 -- fat free strawberry yoghurt

Last edited:
Thursday 2nd February

Breakfast 6:00am -- 2 Weetabix with milk
Snack 8:03am -- Satsuma
Break 10:00am Overnight oats, and a satsuma
Lunch 12:00pm - Chicken and Basmati rice. Banana, water and a cup of green tea
Afternoon break 3:00pm -- frozen fruits and fat free strawberry yoghurt
5:00pm -- Snack Tesco salmon and cucumber sushi )68g)
Dinner 7:00pm -- Ashfield Reduced fat sausages x 2, smoked bacon, chopped tomatoes, new potatoes, fried egg. and a satsuma for after
Snack 9:00pm : fat free café latte yoghurt

Last edited:
Friday 3rd February

Breakfast 6:00am -- 2 Weetabix with S/S milk
Snack 7:30am -- Satsuma
Break 10:00am -- Co-op Meringue nest with fat free vanilla yoghurt, mango, berries and raspberries
Lunch 12:00pm -- BBQ Chicken Chunks with spicy pepper rice, satsuma and a cup of green tea
Snack 2:00pm -- Banana
Break 3:00pm -- Frozen forest fruits and mango with fat free vanilla yoghurt
Dinner 6:30pm --- Slimming world chilli and rice. soooo amazing and my first time making it too

Last edited:
Hi

I've been keeping a food diary all week, can anyone check it out and see if im doing this right as i won't be able to make it to a proper class until the middle of february

Hi Echo. :) I'm not sure exactly how much I can help as I don't eat any processed food so haven't a clue how many syns flavoured yogurts and branded foods are. :confused:

A couple of points I do pick up on:

1. Your dinners look good. You might need more "speed" veg, which is pretty much everything except potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweetcorn, parsnips, peas and all pulses/beans.
2. It looks like you're having two HeBs (healthy extra B's aka fibre) a day as weetabix and oats would count as a portion each. If you have both, one would have to be syn'd.

Those are the only two things that really jumped out at me. I'm assuming that you don't have the books if you haven't started group yet, which does make it hard. Once you have the books and are able to check syns for foods it will be LOTS easier. You'll probably find some of your yogurts are syned (some flavoured yogurts are, some aren't), also the sushi, sausages and either the weetabix or oats (on days when you have both).

Otherwise, it's looking good! :)

Saturday 4th February (time to stop double dipping and having two breakfasts. so skipped weetabix this morning)

The dreaded jam donuts were still facing me in my office when i got to work today... took them all to another team for them to eat, save my temptation!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Breakfast 7:30am -- Overnight oats made with forest fruits and fat free strawberry yoghurt (0 syns . used oats as healthy B) == Total Syns 0

Break 10am -- 1 Co-op Meringue nest (2.5 syns) filled with strawberries and raspberries and drizzled with aldi brooklea fat free vanilla yoghurt (0 Syns). and a small bowl of frozen forest fruits and strawberries topped with more of the yoghurt (0 syns) == Total Syns 2.5

Lunch 12pm -- Slimming world chilli made with lean mince (2.5syns) + Microwavable Mexican Rice (3 syns) . Bowl of Forest fruits and strawberries topped with the remaining yoghurt for dessert (0 syns) -- Total syns 5.50

Snack 3:00pm -- Satsuma orange (0 syns)

Dinner 7:30 -- Salmon, new potatoes, marrowfat peas, roast vegetable slices (0 Syns)

Total Syns used today - 8

Last edited:
Sunday 5th February

Breakfast 10:30am -- Bacon, Mushrooms, Baked Beans, 2 x Ashfield Farms Reduced Fat Sausages (5 Syns)
Snack -- 12:00 -- Satsuma, bowl of frozen fruits and fat free strawberry yoghurt (0 syns)
Lunch -- 3:30pm -- Sunday Dinner (8 syns)
Dinner 7:30pm -- Spaghetti bolognaise with a side salad of mixed peppers and sweetcorn (2 syns)

Total syns today -- 14

Monday 6th February

Breakfast -- 6:00am 2 x Weetabix with S/S Milk (Healthy A + B)
Break -- 10:00am -- forest fruits and strawberries with fat free mango and papaya yoghurt + Satsuma (0 syns)
Lunch 12:00pm-- vegetable rice with tuna (2 syns) and a banana
Break 3:00pm -- Satsuma, and a boiled egg (0 syns)
Dinner 5:30pm -- Corned beef hash and Brussel sprouts (13 syns)

Total syns today 15

Tuesday 7th February

Breakfast -- 6am -- 2 weetabix with ss milk (0 syns)
Break 10:00am -- Forest Fruits, Strawberries, and fat free pineapple and papaya yoghurt (0 Syns)
Lunch -- Chinese style rice and tuna (3 syns) and a Banana
Snack -- Hartleys sugar free jelly strawberry (0.50 syns) Satsuma
Dinner -- Salmon, New Potatoes, Carrots, Peas (0 Syns)

Treat -- 1 Shortbread Finger (5 Syns)

Total Syns today 8.50

Wednesday 8th February

Breakfast -- 6:00am 2 x weetabix and S/S milk (healthy A+B)
Break 10:00am -- Forest fruits and strawberries with fat free strawberry yoghurt (0 Syns)
Lunch 12:00pm -- Tuna, with vegetable rice, and broccoli, cauliflower, carrots (3 syns) + Banana (0 syns)
Break 3:00 -- Satsuma
7:30pm -- Slimming world chilli with added red kidney beans, chick peas, and mixed beans. served on a bed of white rice (0 Syns)
9:00pm -- Snack -- Pear

Total Syns -- 3

Thursday 9th February

Breakfast 6:00am -- 2 x weetabix with s/s milk ( 0 Syns)
Break -- 10am -- Asda meringue nest with fat free papaya yoghurt and strawberries. followed by a pot of forest fruits and remaining fruits (2.5 syns)
Lunch 12:00pm -- slimming world six bean and beef chilli with mexican rice (3 syns)
Break -- 3:00pm -- banana + satsuma
Snack -- 5:00 pm - Satsuma
Dinner -- 3 x aldi reduced fat sausages, egg, beans, potatoes, roast veg slices (7.50 syns)

Total syns today 10.50

Friday 10th February

Breakfast 6:00am -- 2 x weetabix with s/s milk
Break 10:00am -- Meringue nest with forest fruits, strawberries, and a bowl of forest fruits and fat free strawberry yoghurt (2.5 syns)
Lunch 12:00pm -- Tilda basmati rice (3 syns) - tuna
Snack 3:00pm -- Satsuma

Back