help, day 2 lighter life

babs11

Hi all, i'm on day 2 LL and have been feeling pretty rough all day on and off. was sick this morning.
How long will this last as i dont think i can put up with it for very long.
Had a good look around this site and there dont seem to be many others experiencing this, do people tend to give up if they have to go thru this.

dont want to be a wimp but hate feeling rough like this.
many thanks

Took me till about day 6 to feel really human. It's not a big sacrifice in the grand scheme of things. It gets a zillion times better after that. Stick with it!

Hi,

I started LL last week and now on day 12. Like you I felt pretty awful with very bad headaches until day 6 when it just went away. Stick with it. It is worth it and you will get a good weight loss at the end of the week. The first few days I am told are the hardest and that was certainly the case for me.

Jash

It is more than likely carb withdrawal - it gave me flu like symptoms - then I woke up the following morning full of energy and ready to face anything [ketosis]
You should be feeling better soon xx

thanks everyone, day 3 now and still feeling really rotten. finding this really tough, dont know how much longer i can bear it.
feel too sick to eat anything anyway!!

babs

Babs - just think about the bigger picture... it's been three days of feeling rotten, but how bad were you feeling about your weight only four days ago..? The sickness will pass - I remember feeling the same when I started Atkins, until I got into ketosis - after which time I felt like a million dollars! If you can, I would try and keep going at least until your first weekly weigh in - by which time I am sure you will be feeling great, and the amount of weight you'll have lost will spur you on :) Just take it day by day and the months (and stones lost) will sort themselves out.

Good luck!

Annaphylactic x

I agree with Anna - I would glady suffer for a few days to feel the way I feel now.....being down 100+ pounds erases any memory of not feeling so great for 4 or 5 days.....

Hang in there. It will pass. Just be strong, and as Ana said - look at the big pic.

Good luck. :)
x

Last edited:
thanks again all, day 4 and feeling pretty good, such a relief. got a bit of a runny bum tho (sorry!), is this something that will continue?

babs

Glad your feeling better. I have to wait for another 4 weeks before my LL start date and am in my second day of a low carb diet, and already feeling pretty rough. I just hopes that means I wont get it all again when I start LL. It will be the third week in September then, and will be back at school (am a teacher) so could do without feeling really bad. However, if you can get through it, I'll take a leaf from your book and plough through.
Way to go!! And hang in there girl...you give me hope!!:happy036:

Glad your feeling better. I have to wait for another 4 weeks before my LL start date and am in my second day of a low carb diet, and already feeling pretty rough. I just hopes that means I wont get it all again when I start LL. It will be the third week in September then, and will be back at school (am a teacher) so could do without feeling really bad. However, if you can get through it, I'll take a leaf from your book and plough through.
Way to go!! And hang in there girl...you give me hope!!:happy036:

Hi Gezza :)

As you are on low carbs now, you should have little trouble when you start LL.

Its the carb withdrawal that makes you feel rough.

I cut out carbs for about a week or so before I started and had the most minimal side effects.

Good luck to yoU! :)

Thanks BL that makes me feel a lot better!:cool:

I agree with what everyone else said.
I started just over a week ago, by the third day, last saturday I felt cold, rough, hungry and like I had lost a good friend (food my best friend). By this Tuesday just gone, I felt no hunger at all.
I suddenly had loads of energy
and I have been pretty much full of energy and have had no hunger pangs since.

Bless the god/goddess of ketones, they are fabulous and they are what will help break you and me out of our fat prisons.

It so gets better from here on in, keep with it and good luck

angie-bum

gezza,
yes i started this diet pretty quickly and didn't find this board till the other day. i had no idea about the carb withdrawl and it is something i used to eat a lot of. you'll probably be fine if you are already cutting down on them.
i work for myself and just took a few days off, even IF you had to have a couple of days off sick so what it'd be worth it, maybe try starting towards the end of the week so that you have to weekend to take it easy.
all the best

Back