HELP! do you weigh yourself daily on attack??

sonyamc

I started dukan "properly" yesterday after wavering over the last few days since joining this site. Got on the scales this morning and was gutted to see I had put ON 1lb!! I was so good yesterday, stuck to dukan to the letter, did the walk and drank loads of water(more than the litre and a half) what's going on? Did I make the mistake of weighing in too soon? When should I weigh in? All help advice will be appreciated as I feel like jacking in already... X

I weigh myself every day, sometimes more than once (or twice) Im on cruise now.

Don't weigh in so quickly in attack I'd say! I do 1-2 times a week max! Think it's a bit early for u to notice changes! X

Also, did you binge a bit previous to Dukan.. to get it out of the way?! Because I think that can show up a bit late..

Its very tempting to weigh every day but crushingly de-motivating when nothings changed or worse, gone up!

I think the percieved wisdom is not to do it until the end of attack, and thereafter, on the same day on a weekly basis. (having said that, I still have a little sneak preview a couple of times a week, especially if I feel bloated or have been naughty!)

Thank you all for that, I will leave the weigh in till friday and see what the scales say! I did binge a little before the start so maybe that is a good point! I have just re read some of the book and dukan does advise to frequently weigh during attack as a motivator...I am quite an impatient person so may also not be able to resist a sneak peek :) I am totally new to all of this forum stuff so totally appreciate the replies and support. Thank you x

Make sure u weigh in the morning As well, after going to the loo and before eating and with no clothes on! Can make all the difference after I have my oat bran porridge in at least a pound heavier, later on the day I can be 4lbs heavier!

Thanks jade, I will do! Can't wait to see all this extra me disappear :) x

and I'd advise posting your menus too in the menu thread.

Good luck!

I couldn't resist getting on the scales this morning and I am so excited to have lost 2.5 lb! Woo hoooo!!!! X

Sonyamc - how is it going now??

Sonyamc - how is it going now??

I love 4.4lb first week cruise, but I was ill..so I prob won't have lost as much on monday if anything!

Hope its all going well for you x

Nice work!

Didn't we say we would have a weigh-in day? I Just thought of that - if so, lets do it!

I weigh myself daily. It is actually a motivator for me. Strange, I know but it works for me. On the days I have losses, it is a big boost! On the days I gain or stay the same (haha, I just figured out what STS means!! Urban dictionary had be off on some tangent about "smurks to self"... lol).

Where was I, oh, yes on the days my weight goes up or STS I become a little obsessed with the whys and what ifs. It is a negative sort of motivation that is short lived before depression sets in but for the most part as long as I keep to the diet within a day there is a drop and I'm back to my positive reinforcement again.

I'd be too curious to last a week for weigh ins. This may wane as the weeks pass. I just started week 3 so I'm still basking in the happy glow of losing 5 whole lbs in 2 weeks :character00115:

Back