Extra Easy HELP! Doing everything right but only losing 1Ib :-(

Zomumof2

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have looked through and there seems to be lots of good advice/support.

Has anyone else experienced such a slow weight loss?

I have followed the diet exactly and have also incorporated 3 different types of exercise a week (swimming x2 and exercise machine x1) but I am still only losing one pound a week.

in my first two weeks I lost 5 but since for the last four weeks its just been a pound. Everyone else at the group is losing 2,3,4 and more a week.

This week I've also done the speedy food challenge but still 1 pound. I am feeling so demotivated and low especially when I have followed the diet accurately.

Please help, has anyone got any ideas/suggestions

Thank you x:cry:

It happens. My average loss is less than half a pound a week, and I've been on plan for over a year - had a week off at Christmas, and good weeks and bad weeks, but still only works out at about 0.44lb a week. I've had a couple of 3lb weeks but they're a rarity, and balanced out by those weeks where I've been 100% and gained or maintained.

I think some of us just have to accept that the weight isn't going to drop off, and get on with it. A pound a week is still almost 4 stone a year!

Do you have a food diary online? Write down all your HExs and syns? Sometimes it's easy to think you're following the diet exactly, but you might be miscalculating syns, guessing weights etc, which can add up - not saying that this is the case for you (I write down everything that passes my lips, and still don't get those big losses!) but it's a possibility.

Also, how much are you drinking? There's masses of debate over the 'muscle weighs more than fat' thing but I think everyone agrees that if you're doing regular exercise, you need to be taking in extra liquid on top of the recommended (I think?) two litres.

Have you tried scan bran? I know that helped me get a bit of a kick start when I plateaued last summer.

Also, which plan are you following? EE? Do you have 1/3rd superfree at every meal, and snack on superfree? Could it be worth shaking things up with red/green? Again, that really helped get my weight loss going when I got stuck.

Could there perhaps be something in your diet that, although you're synning it properly, might be holding back your losses? I know if I drink alcohol (especially wine!) even if it's in my syns, I can expect a gain or a maintain the following week. I try and avoid bread for the same reason.

Hope that's at least given you some ideas, and if not then some comfort that you're definitely not the only one!!

Only a pound is almost 4 stone a year.
The wonderful cocktail princess on here has lost 8 stone losing ONLY a pound a week.
Don't worry about only a pound, SW call it the Perfect Pound and I know my consultant would be thrilled if everyone lost only a pound a week.

If you are not happy then I'd suggest the following (if not already doing it)

Stick to plan 100% - write everything down as you eat it
Weigh and measure everything - even milk (this is often guessed)
Never guess syns
Vary your foods
Watch those snacks - try for superfree if possible

Finally, don't worry, and don't compare yourself to others.

Stick with it!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for replying.

I do write a food diary and like you, write everything that I eat (I used to be on ww about 5 yrs ago, so I'm used to having to write everything down).

The only thing I can think of after seeing what you wrote, is that I do drink 1 bottle of wine a week and about 2 vodkas. Although I always allow for it within my syns. I average about 2 - 5 syns a day so that I can have a drink at the weekend. That is the only thing I can think of.

Yes, I'm on EE. I have been thinking of maybe changing to red or green incase that can help.

What is scan bran?

Maybe I just have to get used to the fact I'm not going to be one of those people with big losses, I am finding it hard to accept lol

Thanks again for taking the time to reply :wave_cry: x x

1 lb a week is fab!! really it is. don't be disappointed its going in the right direction afterall, keep at it :) my losses have averaged at 1lb per week too and as above over a year it mounts up x

You may well benefit from trying red or green for a bit. EE isn't necessarily for everyone. 1lb a week is still a good steady loss so don't get too disheartened. Personally I wouldn't be worried about the wine as it's accounted for and synned although some people find they do get better losses with syns daily. You've got to weigh it up though, if you're more likely to stick to plan knowing you can have a couple of drinks at the weekend it is probably better that you count syns weekly and keep losing that pound a week!

It's not just a 1lb. It's never just a 1lb. If you're body takes little footsteps towards goal rather great leaping strides it doesn't matter. It's the fact that you're making a positive choice for your body and you're making changes in your lifestyle.

Please don't feel disheartened at little losses. I've been there myself and thrown the towel in so many times I've lost count. I worked out on another thread recently that if I'd just stuck with a diet the first time I started 6 years ago then I would be at target right now by only losing 2½ ounces per week.

Find yourself an event to look forward to later this year and work out if you stay at 1lb per week how much slimmer you'll be by then.
e.g. I have a big party to go to on 28th May, if I manage 1lb per week between now and then I will be 10lb lighter and hopefully one dress size smaller. I will also be much lighter to swing around the dance floor by all those sexy men I envisage will be falling at my feet :p

So, choose your birthday, or a holiday or even Christmas. If you lose 1lb every week until christmas you'll be 41lb lighter. Or nearly 3 stone!!

Go for it.

Zoe x

Hi, 1lb a week is great, but i understand why you'd rather it were higher. you've had a lot of great advice so far so the only thing i'm going to add is perhaps if you compare your food diary from your first two weeks to your current food diarys you may find a food/drink that is slowing your weight loss down, bread for example, if there isn't much of a difference then maybe you do just need a little kick start as others have suggested :)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who took their time out and replied. I am feeling more positive and have def taken on board a lot of your comments.

I need to think more long-term rather than short-term (which I struggle with). As suggested, I'm going to try and think of an event coming up and how much lighter I'll be then. Another bad habit of mine is weighing all the time, especially on weigh in day.

Like I said, I think I'm just not one of those people who will have big losses and if I accept it, hopefully I won't be too disappointed. I can't seem to help comparing everyone elses and wonder what they are doing and I'm not!

Weigh in later so fingers crossed!

Thanks again everyone x

I am a pound a week girl and I have lost 40 of them...take it steady and it will come. I have always had my syns...in fact I have just scoffed a ww toffee honeycomb sundae, 6 syns, and I will have a packet of pomme bear crisps, 5 syns when I am in bed watching tv. I will also sit and have a big cup of kenco 2 in 1 coffee, 3 syns......all under 15 syns......That is why I am losing a pound a week - 'cause I use my syns and enjoy my food.........enjoy the slimming world plan.......it does work
Good luck
xx

Back