Help - don't know what to do

pandora

finding my way again !
this is my quandry.......
i'm currently doing CD, just coming to end of 2nd week.
As hubby has just started his own bussiness we are not flush for money.
A few weeks ago my sis & i discussed taking the kids to Haven ( or such like) for a week in the summer hols & she has just txt me to see if we are still going to do it as she'll need to book time off work (my time allready booked)
Thing is money can't be spent on more than one thing - yeah i know a bu**er ain't it - basically it boils down to
a) continue CD & no holiday
b) holiday & a slower route to weight loss.
i could go back to WW, or look at Mirrorslimmingclub.co.uk or Tescodiets .co.uk, which would be a good way of teaching myself healthy eating.Or i could be compleatly self centred & say, no i'll continue CD, get it done quicker.
Really don't know what decision to make, any ideas'advice VERY gratefully accepted
Due to see my CDC in the morning, so really need to make a decision tonight.
xx

Hi

The CD 1200 plan would teach you sensible eating and reduce the cost as you only need 2 packs per day you could try this or even the 1500 cals with 1 pack per day.

This way you ensure your nutrition.

Have a chat with your CDC.

Linda

I so desperately want to lose weight and be happy but I know I will be a SW member for life if I am to be slim and happy for life.

I put my life and happiness on hold for a long time before I lost weight and I will never do that again. I take breaks from it and get straight back on it when I return from my hols but I don't begrudge myself the few pounds I put on as I enjoyed doing it!

Live your life, take your holidays and a happier you will help the weight come off.

Oh thats like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I suppose it comes down to which is more important to you;
Your health and losing weight
OR taking the kids/family on holiday?

You can always lose weight without CD. Then get back onto CD if you need to once the holiday is paid for? If you continue with CD could you afford to take the family on holiday anywhere else less expensive? Or take them in the October half term?

Its not an easy decision. Maybe you need to discuss it with your sister and hubby. They may make the decision for you. Good luck

thanks
1) hubby not coming with us, its just me, sis & the 4 kids
2) its only a cheep holiday, sharing a caravan, it will be about £350 for the 3 of us for the week
3) the reason i failed at Cd last time was cos i went back to my old eating habits, so really do need to "learn" how to eat (know the principles, its just putting them in place)
4) hubby has no idea about money, i deal with all the house hols expences
xx

Is there any way you can raise money for the hols, like car booting, ebaying etc etc, that way you could still do the CD and squirrel away a bit for the hols. If not, then perhaps the one or two packs a day is a cheaper option of remaining on CD. When does the holiday have to be paid for, could you cut back on CD packs until its paid for, then back to SSing?

to save money it would have to be paid for then & there, otherwise an extra £80 & be paid by end April. Either way it would go on credit card & i pay off as i earn the extra (£100 per month)
xx

What does your sister think??? Is there anyway she can afford to pay the money and you pay her back later?? Where does she live?? Would a holiday with all the kids and days out at your or her house be any use?? Car booting/ebaying good if you have anything to sell?? Sorry no real help, but seems ashame for you to give up on the diet when you've started and seem so determined, equally it's a holiday for all of you.

It sounds like you would benefit from a diet that doesn't include meal replacements. Have you looked into any other plans that may be easier for you to manage when you are out of your regular routine?

Reading between the lines Cheryl I think there is a part of you that would like to do a conventional diet and pick up some good habits along the way.

For me, list writing works. How about a pros and cons list for both options and go with the most pros!

What does your sister think??? Is there anyway she can afford to pay the money and you pay her back later?? Where does she live?? Would a holiday with all the kids and days out at your or her house be any use?? Car booting/ebaying good if you have anything to sell?? Sorry no real help, but seems ashame for you to give up on the diet when you've started and seem so determined, equally it's a holiday for all of you.

we both live in Bournemouth, so going to anothers house not an option, no she can't afford to sub me.
Unfortunatly we have nothing woth carbooting or ebaying.
If i told her my options i know what she'd say, she can't understand why i'm CDing again after putting most of it back on after last time :(

Reading between the lines Cheryl I think there is a part of you that would like to do a conventional diet and pick up some good habits along the way.

For me, list writing works. How about a pros and cons list for both options and go with the most pros!
As allways Barb, good advice.
At some stage i DO have to re-educate my eating habits as i went straight back to how i previously ate b4 CD, hence the gain :eek:
Have looked at tesco diets & they give you a weekly meal plan & shopping list which i thought quite helpfull
ah decisions
xx

I'm with Barb on this Cheryl ... reading between the lines I think you're sub consciously answering your own question - you've had enough of CD.

When I was considering all my options, I found this - what used to be known as The Sun Diet, now renamed The Fit Squad. It still comes under the umbrella of The Sun newspaper and is championed by Lorraine Kelly. It's looks really good - really comprehensive and interactive with loads of tips, hints and good advice. And the best thing is that it's FREE!!! Yayyy
Anyway, here's the link if you want to have a look see.

The Fit Squad Diet - public startpage

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

I'd give Russiandoll's suggestion a go if I were you, sounds like a very good idea especially if it's free!

thanks everyone for your answers.
i had a chat with my OH & daughters, although he was just walking out the front door at the time :rolleyes:.He said, well i'm sure we can afford both somehow (yea like he's gonna stop going to the pub) but like i said earlier, he has no idea about our monthly expenditure. The girls think i'd have more energy & be happier doing a more conventional diet.
So i know Cd will achieve the results quicker, but i think i need to look at the long term picture. I will get thru this week with the kids off school & then sign up to Tesco diets.
PS
charlotte (my daughter) says:you all are lovely on the in side so in my oppinion it dose not mater what you look like:):)

Oh bless her - that's so sweet.

When I first ever did CD, my Sophie asked why I wanted to look different because I was 'beautiful as I was'. I didn't want to give her a complex about losing weight for looks-sake so I said I was doing it so I could do more with her and have fun.

Isn't it great we've raised such sensitive, sweet, caring girls though!

Yes thats so true. My daughters both think I'm mad for worrying and one is profoundly scared that i will ever be too skinny for a proper cuddle! (she's 24 - I've told her she has NOTHING to worry about!)

Cheryl, your daughters have spoken! Can't get more solid than that. Good luck with the Tesco diet x

Back