Help - don't like my consultant

I think I might email SW right now and just ask what I should expect out of my meeting ..... then let them know what I am actually getting for my £4.50 a week! J x

Yeah....Im not massivly keen on my consultant either. I am bored during image therapy. The week I lost 5 pounds, and was very pleased with myself, she read out that I lost 5 pounds, said how do u feel...I said really happy, then moved on! Nearly everyone else she speaks to properly. I find her very patronising, and she speaks to us in the same way I speak to the kids I work with....and they are 3 and 4 years old!!!! She also asked me yesterday if I was new....I have been going for 5 weeks???? She said she would call within the 1st week to see how we were getting on, and there was nothing. I emailed her, nothing, and I just find her annoying with her squeaky little voice! grrr....

She was away on holiday last week, and we had the distrcict leader person covering her, and she was absolutley amazing. I got a lot from that group, and wish I could go to her group....but its too far away! :(

Anyway.....my little moan over. I think Im gonna look for another group!

xx

I am just the same with my consultant. She is just plain rude. On my 3rd week she looked at me blankly and asked if I was new! All the way through image therapy, she will ask a question then bury her head in her PDA and be completely oblivious to your answers. Not even realizing you've finished speaking half the time! Asking the most mundane questions too! "What flavour muller lite yoghurt do you prefer!" What?! She spends SOOO long on the new starter meetings that we are regularly left talking amongst ourselves for at least an hour. And when I asked if I could have a couple extra food diaries (not that she pays any attention to them) she told me to photocopy mine!!! What the hell am I paying £5 a week for if she can't give me a few sheets of A5 paper!!
Last week I told her several time that I wouldn't be there this week and reminded her that I'd put it on my registration form as a holiday date yet STILL this week she texts me to see why I wasn't there, then when I reminder her again she had no recollection and said she must have missed it. Then text me back to ask me my full name!!
Rude. Just rude. If I didn't NEED the motivation of the weekly weigh In I would totally stop going to class. There arent any others near enough.

Its nice to know that we are not alone in this.

My C can be ok but has favourites. She'll spend ages chatting with them about what they've lost/done each week. Then with others she'll read out their loss/gain and ask if they know what they've done. "Good" and moved on.

But if I didn't get weighed each week, i'd just good off plan and loose it completely. Its taken me 11months to loose 1st 4lb and she's now telling me i'm at target but surely that for me to descide and I want to get to at least 1st 7lb or even 2st. I've been like a yo-yo for 8weeks with the same 2lb yet she's never stopped to help.

I'll get the odd email but there is no point me replying because she doesn't reply to anything i've asked!

lollipop_lauren said:
Its nice to know that we are not alone in this.

My C can be ok but has favourites. She'll spend ages chatting with them about what they've lost/done each week. Then with others she'll read out their loss/gain and ask if they know what they've done. "Good" and moved on.

But if I didn't get weighed each week, i'd just good off plan and loose it completely. Its taken me 11months to loose 1st 4lb and she's now telling me i'm at target but surely that for me to descide and I want to get to at least 1st 7lb or even 2st. I've been like a yo-yo for 8weeks with the same 2lb yet she's never stopped to help.

I'll get the odd email but there is no point me replying because she doesn't reply to anything i've asked!

Sounds like mine. She is useless. Has favourites, and never replies to text or emails.

When my best friend joined who used to be anoxeric and still had weight issues needed some support she ignored her. She never told me about the healthy extras i was meant to have with breastfeeding she never even gave me a booklet.

The only reason i go is for the other girls. Burrr the leader is just in it for the money xx

This is a very old thread that has been resurrected hence the £4.50 - it's a previous price.

Last edited:
I feel genuinely sorry for those of you out there with poor consultants.

Mine is brill and so is the group. if it was any other way I would say so!

Perhaps it is time to maybe voice your concerns?

Maximus said:
I feel genuinely sorry for those of you out there with poor consultants.

Mine is brill and so is the group. if it was any other way I would say so!

Perhaps it is time to maybe voice your concerns?

Where and how? i would but i feel will be on deaf ears x

I'm sorry your consultant is not doing her job. Mine is brilliant, always available, always answers my texts and emails and always makes a point of saying hello or waving in when I'm just popping in to get weighed and straight out again.

Also why do you pay £4.50. We pay £4.95

without meaning to be rude, older members get a discount same as everywhere else.... ( IYKWIM )..

as for C's asking "do you know why?" and moving on if you just say "yes" when you've had a gain, some people don't like talking about it if it's something personal, others don't mind and they will normally say why in response to the question rather than simply "yes"..
you'd be rather unhappy if the C interogated you and dragged a fuller answer out of you in front of the group if you didn't want to explain that you were PMS'ing and pigged out on chocolate and wine all last week.. or whatever the reason was..

I'm not saying that they are all trying to be tactfull when they do that but it may be part of the "training" to move on when someone doesn't volunteer an answer or explanation..

Originally Posted by lollipop_lauren

Originally Posted by lollipop_lauren
A: without meaning to be rude, older members get a discount same as everywhere else.... ( IYKWIM )

They do indeedy, but I think this price issue has more to do with the fact that this thread is 18 months old :)

Can open your email.

Mine works out at something like £4.16 -and-a-quarter pence per session lol. £49.50 for 12 weeks - it is ten weeks with two free hence the odd figure (not my odd figure by the way).

Where and how? i would but i feel will be on deaf ears x
Well it all depends on the individual and your attitude/tolerance to confrontation.

I would be straight in there, bull-in-a-china-shop, but I appreciate not everyone has this modus operandii.

Failing that, a "quiet word" either before or after group eexpressing your concerns might be in order.

Last resort is changing groups I suppose. My consultant is great, ironically I can pick and choose any of dozens in the northeast here, but have never needed to.

It was my first week this week and the class took over 2 hours... 30 mins of new member info and then an hour and half of clapping each member's weight loss. I expected more than that, possibly because I've been to weightwatchers in the past and they tend to have a different topic each week which did give me recipe ideas etc. This week just felt like a waste of time :-( Is this how most classes run??

It was my first week this week and the class took over 2 hours... 30 mins of new member info and then an hour and half of clapping each member's weight loss. I expected more than that, possibly because I've been to weightwatchers in the past and they tend to have a different topic each week which did give me recipe ideas etc. This week just felt like a waste of time :-( Is this how most classes run??
I have now given up with SW for that very reason. I think WW have got it right when they just announce the total loss for the whole group It allows more time for proper discussion and advice on nutrition, meals handy tips etc. I would like SW with weight watchers meetings . . . .yes i know , impossible lolx

I suppose with the individual losses/gains being discussed everyone has an opportunity to talk about their week, their struggles and successes. if it's only a group total then those people who are more backward in coming forward may not have that chance for one-to-one attention, particularly if others in the class dominate the conversation.

In our class people take the opportunity, when their turn comes around, to say something if they wish to - mention what they had done right, or wrong, or tell the group about a recipe they have tried, or something different they have eaten. Not everyone does this every week, but there is always someone with something to say and there is a fair amount of banter.

But this would not happen if the members just sat there thinking to themselves that they were bored and not saying anything. To my mind, Image Therapy is a two-way street.

When I first went to SW, my cousin who had been going to the group for some time said "you will get out of the group what you put in", and I think she was right.

Maybe image therapy is not for me! Really enjoying my green days and will stick with the diet though :)

Back