Help! Emergency intervention required!

laura2481

Silver Member
Oh dear :( my first fitting for my wedding dress is next Friday and I have been bad bad bad this week. I just didn't get myself out of being naughty at the weekend as it was my birthday, and a big one, so I've kept on 'celebrating' (well, that's what I was telling myself.

What I really really need is for a few of you guys (as many of you as possible!) to give me a verbal kick up the bum, and then to follow my food diary for this coming week to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Help me! I will only have 7 weeks on Sunday to turn this around, before W-day!!!
:love047:

My Diary Link

You admitting that you need a kick up the bum tells me right away that your head's in the right place and you're ready to draw a thick black line under it. So, that's it. Ey back on track from your next meal.. You could reduce your syns to 5 a day to try ad compensate till next WI, unless that would make you feel too restricted 'cos that can lead to a binge.. Drink looooooaaaads of water/nas squash as well as any gain you might see could be due to higher salt in 'bad' foods and any water retention caused by any alcohol..

Other than that - just focus on your goals and aims :) you can do this because you want to do this!

Well done on asking for help :) xx

You could reduce your syns to 5 a day to try ad compensate till next WI

next WI is tomorrow so I don't think that'll help much :sigh: Why didn't I just get back on plan on Monday?! I could have done.. so easily. I just chose not to. :break_diet:

You could even try success express!? That might counteract the naughty times!!!

Dont focus too much about you weigh in, if you gain this week you know why at least, but if you focus on your wedding dress fitting at least you will get back on track today rather than tomorrow!!

How much weight do you want to lose before wedding day?

It will still be do-able so don't get disheartened!!

Even if you put on 4.5lbs (which I doubt you have), you could still lose 2lbs per week! Just be super duper good from now on and try as hard as you can! Even if you don't meet target, being a couple of lbs away from it isn't bad! Alot better than where we all started!? You've done something about the weight issue and you've done it in time for your wedding day! You should be sooo proud of yourself! Keep up the good work!

Aww, thanks Hannah. That's very sweet of you. I have at least lost a stone in time for the wedding but I do keep beating myself up for not staying focussed. I could have lost so much more if I had been more focussed and done some exercise!!

Right- I gained a pound and half meaning I have 7 weeks to loose 11lb! I know it can be done but between now and then I have something happening every weekend! It's gonna be tough! :eek:

laura2481 said:
Right- I gained a pound and half meaning I have 7 weeks to loose 11lb! I know it can be done but between now and then I have something happening every weekend! It's gonna be tough! :eek:

Do you know how many inches u need to lose to be comfortable in your dress? Might be a better way of looking at it than weigh off - though 11 lbs in 7 weeks is not impossible!!

That is managable, just get focussed, you can still have good times at the weekends you have planned and stay on plan! best of luck xxx

You're doing so well hun, but as asked for......... :whoopass: lol xx

Focus! sometimes it can be hard but i'm sure you will get there! Plan plan plan! That's my trick! GOOD LUCK! x

Thaks everybody for your lovely replies. And the :whoopass: furrysmudge!
This week I have lost 2lb, so I have 9lb to loose in 6 weeks! I CAN do this.

Happily, I don't need to loose to fit in my dress, my dress fits -phew. But it is lace up back so loosing a few lbs won't make a difference to the fit, just how I feel.

To be honest, to actually feel comfortable in my dress I would need to loose another 23lb- but I think I might have left that a little late! lol

ps, furrysmudge. Your name makes me think of fudge. I think I have a problem... lol :) I don't know why my eyes refuse to see the 'urrysm' lol

lol Laura, at least my name reminds you of something nice! x

Hi laura am new on here but i am getting married 9th july and am aiming for a few pound a week to loose so i shall be following your food diary!! Good luck!!

Back