help emergency question about getting out of Ketosis (food mentioned)

emmie86

Angelic Fruitcake
Hi all Im off to Cuba on tuesday for a wedding for two weeks and everyone is meeting in the pub for drinks before a coach takes us to london. Thing is I'm SSing still till tommorow but I know alcohol and ketosis equal badness and I already know I don't come out of ketosis easy so how can I best get out of ketosis by 3:00pm Tuesday if I start on food for the first time at breakfast Tuesday? I have the strips to test myself just want to know what is best to eat to get myself ketosis free. I would ask CDC but she is away herself so any help would be appreciated. xxxx

i wouldn't eat for the first time on tuesday honey as you are likely to binge to get yourself out of ketosis and you'll end up with one hell of a carb hangover!! i would do it in two stages on monday night, and tuesday morning, and possibly do it with low gi carbs if possible.

if you eat high carb foods you'll come out of ketosis straight away, but your body probably won't like you much if you try to do it all in one day...

good luck :)

abz xx

so maby some wholegrain pasta and chicken breast tomorrow night and for breakfast a couple of slices of wholegrain toast would that help you think? xxx

how about moving up onto the 1000 plan for the day before? that introduces low gi carbs and cambridge friendly food :) you are less likely to get carb hangover that way?

abz xx

Yeah that sounds good My maby so mayby eat from tomorrow morn? What is a carb hangover? Also cdc said people usually gain 7lbs on a two week holiday I plainning on using the gym and swimming lots and also taking advantage of the daily areobics and fitness classes but I'm kind of terrified of food does that sound stupid? I keep thinking I'm going to gain 4lbs with every meal I touch? xxx

carb hangover is what people generally get after knocking themselves sharply out of ketosis. tummy ache, headaches, the works. but moving up onto 1000 shouldn't give you that. it should bring you out of ketosis, it's a cambridge plan, and you should still lose weight on it for the final couple of days before you go away :)

fear of food is something we all have to face. i had to come off cambridge for financial reasons a couple of months back until i could restart now. i lost a couple of lbs since then until getting my contraceptive implant removed and gaining 10lbs in a week. that's when panic struck and why i'm back on it again now... but my point in all that babbling is that i have found that eating food doesn't necessarily equate to weight gain, and that's what moving up the cd plans tells us too.

enjoy your holiday hon, and make sensible choices where you can. use it as a learning experience but enjoy yourself. you could be really surprised when you get home :)

abz xx

yeah my cdc said i might be surprised but gaining 10lb in a week is like my worst nightmare!!! did you binge or did it just appear? I blame my dad he started teasing me by saying I would gain all the weight I've lost back silly man xxx

You could have done with starting up the plans a little earlier, mainly to avoid too much water gain more than the alcohol/ketosis thing, but too late now :D

Do 1,000 tomorrow, then on Tuesday, eat as you had planned for your holiday.

If you are a little worried about still being in ketosis at drinks time, make sure you have some carbs with the drink and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Have a great time.

thanks KD I did tell me counseller about three weeks ago when I found out I was going away but she didn't mention anything about working up the plans just told me to keep ssing till tuesday however I did take it upon myself to start having four shakes a day instead of three whitch I've done for the past two weeks to up my calorie intake but yeah will do a 1000 tommorow hopefully I wont gain to much while away fingers crossed xxxx

Best of luck with it emmie but don't let it overshadow your holiday. If you eat sensibly, then any extra weight is more likely to be water gain and not fat.
I don't know, but this could be the only holiday you have planned for this year, don't go away feeling diet fear. HAVE A GOOD TIME and you will be back soon enough and able to restart on whatever plan you require xx

hey hon. i didn't binge or do anything. i was on sw. but it's all hormonal and now i'm back on cd it will hopefully drop off.

if you gain half a stone on your hols then if you get straight back onto cd on your return it will drop off again so don't spoil your holiday worrying about it. if you make careful choices and are aware of the choices you make i'm sure you'll be fine :)

abz xx

Back