Help. feel sick and fed up

cee-cee

Dizzy blonde
I'm due my third weigh in tomorrow, but am feeling really fed up. It is my totm, and I have been having really bad pains (much worse than usual). Plus I feel really nauseous.

I wonder if this is anything to do with LT? Has anyone else experienced this since starting. Also weighed myself at the chemist on Friday and I was only down 2lb which was a bit disheartening. (I know it might be fluid though). All in all though, I'm feeling lousy. Haven't cheated though. However, I know that if, when I go for my WI tomorrow, if I only have a small loss, I shall feel even worse!

Can't understand how weight loss can vary so much if you are eating exactly the same every week. What worries me is, with LT, that my metabolism might just slam the brakes on and slow down so that I end up eating next to nothing and losing very little. With diets I have tried in the past, I have good losses to start with, then it really slows down, and I lose motivation.

Someone talk some sense into me PLEASE!

Aw Cee Cee........... poor you! Sorry that you are so uncomfortable. Is there any chance that you can have an early night? Maybe a warm bath, a couple of paracetamol (for your sore tummy) and a good nights sleep will set you on the straight and narrow.
I got my third weigh - in tomorrow too. Last week I was disappointed as I only lost a small amount so am really hopeful that tomorrow will go a bit better.
I wouldn't dwell too much on your loss not meeting your expectations up to now- you are bound to be a bit bloated if your have your TOTM. Wait until you get to the chemist tomorrow - you might be surprised. Take care. Julia x

mine loss wasnt as big as last weeks but its still a loss and a step closer to the bikini body i want for the summer. what you need is a hot bubble bath warm black tea and hot water bottle in bed. You have already done so well if u were on weigh watchers you still wouldnt have lost as much as you have already. it will be worth it in the end chin up and look at the inspiration slide show that helps me good luck XXX

Thanks Missy Mint and Julia. I will see how my weigh in goes tomorrow and hope I feel better then.

(I have tried the paracetemol, hot water bottles, etc, and the pain is a little better than yesterday, but I've never had pains this bad before. I just wondered if they could be connected to LT.)

Had my weigh-in today and lost 4lb this week, so that's cheered me up. Feel a bit better tum-wise, but will go to docs tomorrow if not better.

Aww well done and glad it cheered you up hun xx

4lb!!! Well done Cee Cee:happy096:

Changes in weight loss causes hormone fluctuations due to the quick release of oestrogen from the stored fat and this does have an effect on some women's periods but it does revert to your own normal way once the diet is finished.

Also, this kind of diet is like a detox and it seems very common to experience cold/flu like symptoms in the first six weeks as they say it takes around six weeks for the body to detox.

At the end of the day if you are feeling unwell it is always best to consult your own doctor but be sure to let him know you are dieting.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks tracy and lillie, and also mini for that explanation. I am worried I have a stomach ulcer or something nasty so I will see the doc. My tum does feel really sore, it can't be good taking painkillers on an empty tum either.

Hi Cee cee,

I'm just starting my third week and last week I was quite unwell. I'm also getting pains but not as bad as yours and on wednesday I had severe stomach cramps and the runs (really bad). Couldn't understand it as I'm following the diet to the letter. The pharmacist was very surprised when I told him and he suggested it might be a contaminated water supply - which can't be right as I'd have it everyday if that was the case.

I'm putting it down to the fact that my stomach is shrinking (which can be uncomfortable) and my body is just re adjusting to life without food. Ketosis is a survival mode our body takes when it thinks there's no food available. Our body doesn't know how long it will be until food is around again. I think it starts to panic - to me - this explains why sometimes we don't have as much of a loss as we hoped because our body gets scared and holds onto everything it can.

As for feeling unwell, I think the runs was my way of my body expelling the toxins and the left over food in my colon etc. You're gonna feel crappy while in detox but it will improve. It's like your batteries have run down to make your energy last as long as possible - your body doesn't understand that you're doing this voluntarily - it thinks there's a famine so it's gonna take time to settle into this new regime and for your body to realise you're serious!

Don't worry, you'll start to feel better soon hun, keep at it, it's worth it xxxxx

Well done cee-cee great loss, get well soon

Thanks guys, for that feedback. I am feeling better today, but have another problem. The top of my left leg feels numb! Sort of pins and needles. I am beginning to think I am just falling to bits now:D Must be my age. Maybe my leg will fall off!:D

Anyway will visit doc tomorrow just for check-up, but Carrie you may be right. LT is such a huge change, the body must take a while to adapt to it. I guess some people adapt easier than others. So thanks again for the support. It's hard enough having to keep to LT without feeling sick as well!

Cee cee,
I'm glad you're feeling better and it's sensible to go see your doctor just to check everything is ok. I don't claim to know what I'm talking about but the pins and needles might just be your circulation improving as you lose the excess weight - blood flow improves etc. It's probably only temporary hun - good luck and let us know how the checkup goes xxx

Thanks guys, for that feedback. I am feeling better today, but have another problem. The top of my left leg feels numb! Sort of pins and needles. I am beginning to think I am just falling to bits now:D Must be my age. Maybe my leg will fall off!:D

Anyway will visit doc tomorrow just for check-up, but Carrie you may be right. LT is such a huge change, the body must take a while to adapt to it. I guess some people adapt easier than others. So thanks again for the support. It's hard enough having to keep to LT without feeling sick as well!

Cracking weigh-in next week if it does:D Get well soon;)

Yes! LOL. That's one way to lose a couple of stone! Went to the doc and I have sciatica, hence the numbness. Also the tummy pains were gastric related so have some meds for that, so all sorted hopefully.

I am thinking of changing to Cambridge Diet though, just to vary the food a bit. Also had a sneaky weigh in today at the chemist, and the scales hadn't budged:cry:

Dont worry I

Dont worry I bet your official wi is ok , acupuncture good for sciatica apparantly , my dad swears by it, get well soon and still come on here if you do change xx

Never thought of acupuncture...hmmmn, might give that a try. Have you ever tried CD gary?

Back