Help! Feeling demotivated :(

Pinky1987

Hi everyone

I started CD last January and lost 3 1/2 stone, but after coming off of it put about 10lbs back on. So I started again just after new year at 11st, hoping to get down to about 91/2 stone by Valentines Day. I'm 5'5 and have been doing mostly ss with the odd bit of chicken or mushrooms and am now on week 5. I have remained in ketosis the whole time and have not cheated but don't seem to be losing much. I understand that some weeks you may plateau or only lose a pound or two, but over these 5 weeks I have lost 9lbs. Does anyone know why this may be? It's making me really de-motivated but I really want to finish the programme.

Thanks, Emma :)

Have you been having bars? Sometimes they can stall your weight loss.
I started this diet at 11st 3lb & don't have alot to lose. Some weeks I found I didn't have that big losses.

Yes, I have one bar a day, but I was fine on them last year when I did this. Do you think because I don't have as much to lose that they are holding me back?

according to my CDC apparently the less you have to loose the more time it takes.. keep going though! :)

Possibly. I can't have them as they stop my weight loss completely!
Try without for a week or so & see if the scales move any quicker.
I usually just have one a week on weigh in day, as a treat.

I only have 2 bars left so think I will use those this weekend and hen for the rest of the week just have shakes.

I also thought it may be because I don't have much more left to lose...I'll have to stat exercising I think :(

Thanks guys :)

Are ya exercising? Also the fact that you dont have much left to lose tends to slow it down but its so annoying. My mate was on this diet as well for the last stone and it took her 10 weeks to lose it, so thinking about it, it cost her £340 to get rid of a stone when ww could have done it for a fraction of the price

the thing with cost is that you are paying out for food on WW or SW... the cost of CD is outweighed if you look at it that way.. Personally I don't manage SW because of portion size, and same for WW really.. being able to pig out on pasta doesn't = weight loss for me! lol

Whatever you choose you don't have far to go and I wish you luck :)

I'm doing a bit of exercise but not enough so I will need to increase it.

10 weeks to lose a stone is a long time! I would rather do ww and eat food along with exercise I think, although it is true that you are spending roughly the same on food. I only have CD packs left up until Thursday now so from then on I will be either counting calories or following WW.

Thanks for your help everyone x

Back