Help for the collapsed not fallen morbidly obese slimming worlder

I am a dismally failed SWer and have used every excuse in the world not to do SW.
All I want to do is eat the biggest load of junk around Just Eat have already invited me to their staff Christmas do.
I have thought may have an eating disorder, but then if I order it I'll eat it.How can I get my head right???
Can you get a gastric band for your throat?
There is'nt a quick fix that somebody can advise me or do I need physchiatric help???
Why do I spend my time constantly thinking about food

hey

you can only loose weighg if YOU want to itll only work when you decide eating healthier things instead of just eat stuff lol.

sometimes you eat crap coz deep down your worried youll gain weight you loose anyway! its all mind games but if what tiur saying is that you love food and have big appetite gastric band wouldnt work anyway :(. sort your head out first then strt again when you want it.

this is the first time ive put my head jnto it 100% and its worked, now when i smell greasy take away food what my parents bring home knocks me sick! just a mind set x

good luck x

What junk food do you like to eat, have you tried making it SW friendly?

Most junk can be made SW friendly, chips, crisps, "take away foods" just search the recipe forum, just ask yourself "what means more? That piece of junk food, or finally getting slim?? " and get into the I can do it mind set, you'll get there in the end if it's what you want :)

Hi

I have tried; slimming world, lighter life, weight watchers, rosemary Connelly, hypno gastric band, Cambridge, exante ...... I could go on!

I was on the verge of having surgery and started doing research and scouring the forums for advice. Then it occured to me, the only thing I hadnt tried was councilling.

A friend of mine recommended someone who describes herself as a transitional life coach. She is very spiritual (not ghosts and god, but more about feeling what's going on in your body and not about thinking what you should do). I have been seeing her for about 6 months now. I have re-started SW and in 5 weeks have lost a stone. My head is calm, I don't feel the need to comfort/happy/bored eat anywhere near as much now. I have 12 stone to lose, and I am actually happy I'm on this journey.

I never really saw myself as anyone that would do 'weird' stuff,(she does tapping and mantras and stuff) but it is really working for me.

I'm now gonna use the money I was going to spend on surgery on a wicked all inclusive holiday and a new wardrobe once I get to target!

Thanks for all the valued comments got me head on now and back on my SW trail,but does anyone know if there are any single person menu plans, recipes or sites I can get help on portioning for the single person.

Thanks for all the valued comments got me head on now and back on my SW trail,but does anyone know if there are any single person menu plans, recipes or sites I can get help on portioning for the single person.

I cook for myself alone and I usually halve any recipes (which are usually for four people) and then split the food in half again. I sometimes freeze the second portion to have later in the week or I have it the next day for lunch.

Other than that I have stuff like salads or cooked fish/chicken and veggies which are easier to cook for just one person.

It is so hard lovely and im constantly thinking of food, chocolate, sweets, ben and jerrys you name it!!! but....after restarting sw a million bloody times im still massive, still unhappy with the way I look - face is ok but the chassis is bloody awful and its my fault. Im going to councilling myself but not for food issues - but may uncover issues that make me want to binge as i do it when im unhappy.

I confess making food up is not what im used to like the soups etc, but its a lifestyle change and if we want to get with the programme we gotta follow the damn thing!

Hi,
I haven't been on this site for ages but checked today and read your post and it sounded so familiar. I really don't think there is an easy answer. The other day I was searching the web for overeaters anonymous but I don't know if its for me. I have also thought about counselling but it is expensive. However I sometimes think that is what I need. I don't think it is anything to be ashamed of. Some people have real problems with food. We know what we should be doing to lose weight but persuading our brains and bodies not to binge is the real difficulty.

What I have decided is to take one day at a time but I also know that if I have it in the house I will eat it so I am trying not to buy anything with high syns.

I am a dismally failed SWer and have used every excuse in the world not to do SW.
All I want to do is eat the biggest load of junk around Just Eat have already invited me to their staff Christmas do.
I have thought may have an eating disorder, but then if I order it I'll eat it.How can I get my head right???
Can you get a gastric band for your throat?
There is'nt a quick fix that somebody can advise me or do I need physchiatric help???
Why do I spend my time constantly thinking about food

You have an eating disorder. You are morbidly obese. You cant get there without one. That doesnt mean you need therapy. We all have various kinds of issues. I have an eating disorder. I have seen myself go from been over 21 st, down to 13 1/2 stone and look at myself thinking im still fat. One disorder replaces another.

I think about food all the time as well. If i am not eating it, I'm buying it, preparing it, cooking it.

If you are like me, and have difficulty disciplining yourself, you need to clear your home out of things that you dont want to eat. If that means other people in the house suffer, tough.

Slimming World works, and it works more for people with lots to lose. Throw away your fast food menus. If you have a friend who is good with computers get them to block the justeat website through your hosts file or router.

The only time you need to be super disciplined is buying at the supermarket. Never go hungry before you shop. Start going through all the different recipe ideas. Find something you really like, or something that works like a treat for you so you dont feel too bad and you can comfort eat.

For me its cumberland sausage. As long as i can eat cumberland sausage, or have a cumberland sausage sandwich, all it well with the world.

Kebabs, you can make your own chicken kebabs, which i promise you taste just as good as the ones you buy at the fast food place, sw kfc which tastes as good as regular kfc but without the huge amounts of fat.

Once you start getting into the momentum of losses that weekly weigh in can keep you going and going and going.

There are plenty of people on here who have changed their lives around who have fallen off the wagon and got back on.

My number one message: Remove Temptation!

And good luck :)

There's nothing like a Doctor telling you that you will die if you don't change your eating habits!
That's what kick started me with SW.....
1/ Write a weekly menu.
2/ Buy only the ingredients needed to make these meals.
3/ Throw the "rubbish food" out.
4/ Write your shopping list and stick to it.
5/ Put 100% effort into it to start you off.
6/ Join a local SW group.
Remember that everyone there is on the same journey, go for it and enjoy cooking good healthy food, there are enough recipes on this forum for everyone.
Stick to it and you will soon be complimented on your weight losses and the awards will start to stack up.
Good luck
Pete

I just want to say that my therapist once told that food is an addiction, just like alcohol and drugs, and people can get into just as bad a state.
She told me this before I started SW and that information, along with photos, made me start SW.
So don't be too hard on yourself- like pretty much everyone on SW and other "diets" you are probably addicted to food.
Glad to hear you are getting back into it- as soon as you get your first loss that will be all the motivation you need

Good Luck! :)

I make all the recipes for 4 and freeze the extra portions. I have a freezer full of SW meals that are so handy when me and the hubby get in late from work ( which happens most days) and want something quick.
And we can still have a "takeaway", my husband loves the SW chicken dopiaza I make :)

I couldn't do it until I was ready too and it took me about 10 years of being very over weight to find the strength to do this for me but I'm so glad I have. I won't lie the firstr two weeks were awful, the sugar withdrawal and fat withdrawal shocked my body. I nearly quit in week two after only losing 4lb (I was expoecting big numbers, that never happened for me I've taken the long route).

Do it for you and when you are ready commit. I know it's an addiction, I've been there but if you go to group and stay to group you will get sufficiently brainwashed over time. Losing weight in itself becomes addictive. IT is a journey worth doing, I feel so much better for it and so will you. I still have nice things, I've just had an options hot chocolate with anchor light squirty cream, totally within my syns and a gorgeous chocolate substitute.

Be gentle on yourself, it's not easy but if you can get past the first month you'll be winning. Commit for that month at least and see how you feel, month 2 will be less daunting. x

Some brilliant suggestions and advice here. I agree with those who said that you have to be in the right place to do it though. If you are not in the right place you may succeed short term but you won't stick at it. Sometimes it really does take a big kick up the bum, like illness or a talking to from your doctor for example.

For me it was the realisation that I would never have a family if I didn't lose weight. I've quit smoking and am trying to lose 8 stone, because that's how badly I want a baby. I'm nearly half way there now and even with that motivation I still struggle sometimes and I have moments where I resent what I have to do when other women just get pregnant without even trying. Sometimes I hate following SW but I keep going because I have to. Mostly I love it! We are all human and we all have times when we feel weak and want to give in. It's how you deal with those times that matter. When I (hopefully) get my reward it will be more than worth it.

What keeps me going -

This place! The support here is amazing - join in, chat to people and help them too if you can.

My group - join a group if you can! I've made some wonderful friends at SW and going to group every week keeps me focused in a way that I don't think I would have if I did it from home.

My food diary - making a diary and making it public really works for me. I do my diary every day and I put it up on here. It keeps me on the straight and narrow and hopefully I get to pass on some good veggie recipes too ;)

Being creative - cook new things all the time! Experiment with new recipes. Most recipes are for four and I cook for two so I'm pretty good at scaling recipes down now. Invest in storage tubs so you can freeze leftovers. After a while of following recipes you find that you don't need that structure and can just freestyle it a bit. Most of my best cooking is when I make things up or adapt existing recipes. Enjoy cooking and you'll find that you don't miss takeaways as anything you can cook is probably better ;)

You've had some good advice of some people who have lost a hell of a lot of weight here - take it and run with it! I hope my little bit of advice helps too, although I've not last as much as some of the guys yet ;)

Good luck!

Brilliant!! the lot of you are amazing! some fab advice here that i need to take myself also so thank you to the lady who posted and thank you to all who replied!! x

Hi Gaz

Well done on your great losses I presume you are at target now, can you give me some idea of your daily menus including syns as I am doing EE and getting nowhere near the results you had

Cheers

Damien

Hi Gaz

Well done on your great losses I presume you are at target now, can you give me some idea of your daily menus including syns as I am doing EE and getting nowhere near the results you had

Cheers

Damien

I try to find foods that fill me up, and foods that i really liked when i wasnt on plan. I started doing exercise when i began SW, not excessive, but much more than i had done, a beginners running programme three times a week, and a little bit of circuit training. I stuck to the plan 100% for the first six months. I would generally eat between 8 and 15 syns a day, would eat my healthy extras.

I would always have breakfast, without fail. Every morning a bowl of branflakes (35g) or allbran (42g). I stuck to the 1/3 superfree religiously. For a long time i always saw the third superfree as a bolt on, almost as an addition to my meal. Which in someways was counter intuitive, surely i am just eating more? Yes, but what it was meaning was i was completely full from my meals, i didnt feel the need to snack.

I eventually got into the habit of seeing the superfree as part of my meal, not an extra.

Whenever i put together a meal, what goes through my head is "how can i fill my plate up with superfree".

When i first started i went through *loads* of those frozen veg steam bags that cook in the microwave in a few mins. Then i got a bit more creative. Onions!!! I stick onions with so many different things. If i am frying something, bang in an onion and mushrooms. If i am having a sandwich, or meal that doesnt involve fried onions, i will chop up an onion, a tomato, lettuce, pickles.

Pickles are delicious, pickled gherkins, pickled onion, pickled red cabbage, and one of my faves, sauerkraut. You can get a taste for it, its just fermented and pickled cabbage. But a big spoon on your plate fills you up like you wouldnt believe, and it has almost no calories.

Back