Help getting back on track please

Pudgy Panda

Hi since tuesday night when everthing went wrong in our house, heat electrics etc i have not been following SW 100%. So yesterday i was good in the sense that i decided not to have sooo many bad food i saw when shopping - but last night Hubby who has a heart condition was taken to GP with chest pains and breathing problems - cue SW went out the window.
Thankfully he is ok, just has to take it easy, but last night after that we got take away and SW went out the window again!!!!

i need to have something in place in my brain to now want to eat junk food when stressed. So today i have woke up all ready to do SW 100% today when my mum who came and stayed last night had brought lovely crusty loaf and all butter croissants!!!

But i have hidden them away from view and i am munching on an apple - trying to take the hunger away.

also doesnt help i have a stinking cold and cant go swimming like i normally do every morning - think the swimming starts me off the right way every day.

so kick up the but needed and any tips or advice on:

not junk eating when stressed
what to do with all junk food brought around last night

thanks in advance i know i just need to get focussed again - i was doing so well!!!

oh god - thats awful, we had to spend £700 on our car in December that worked really well before xmas i can tell you!!!

lets try and stick to it today and just take it a day at a time - i always feel so much better when following it

Sorry to hear about your husband's heart condition and hope he is feeling better. It is really difficult when something has gone wrong to think about eating healthy and just grab the first thing you see, but try to think of damage control. Try cooking batches of food so you don't have to cook in a rush (veg soup, mini quiche, stew) keep healthy snacking options available- fruit, low syn treats- mini milks and try to focus your attention on something else. Since you are stuck at home maybe try accomplishing something instead of focusing on the food (ie- I organized all the kids clothes that were too small and gathered a bag to give to charity the other day). Also just try to focus on one meal at a time instead of 100% all day. I know it's easier to give advice, then to actually be in that situation, but here's hoping that everything gets better for you all soon!

Hi since tuesday night when everthing went wrong in our house, heat electrics etc i have not been following SW 100%. So yesterday i was good in the sense that i decided not to have sooo many bad food i saw when shopping - but last night Hubby who has a heart condition was taken to GP with chest pains and breathing problems - cue SW went out the window.
Thankfully he is ok, just has to take it easy, but last night after that we got take away and SW went out the window again!!!!

i need to have something in place in my brain to now want to eat junk food when stressed. So today i have woke up all ready to do SW 100% today when my mum who came and stayed last night had brought lovely crusty loaf and all butter croissants!!!

But i have hidden them away from view and i am munching on an apple - trying to take the hunger away.

also doesnt help i have a stinking cold and cant go swimming like i normally do every morning - think the swimming starts me off the right way every day.

so kick up the but needed and any tips or advice on:

not junk eating when stressed
what to do with all junk food brought around last night

thanks in advance i know i just need to get focussed again - i was doing so well!!!

Really pleased your hubby is ok. Now for you lol, big boot up the backside comming your way:whoopass:

It is hard when life happens hun, but unfortunately it does, over and over again. We just need to be ready for it when it happens. One thing I do now is keep a crisis box in the cupboard which is filled with things that I can eat (all pre syned to a count of 15) and when it hits the fan, the box comes out and I can scoff guilt free. It feels like I am having a blow out but I'm having a controlled one if you see what I mean, rather than just opening the fridge/cupboard and starting one end and finishing the other.

Another thing I tell myself now is that food is not a free prescription drug to make me feel better about things, It doesn't, it might for 30 seconds of the eating time, but then there are days of guilt etc, so to me all food (obviously only the naughtie foods) in these situations a depressive drug and to be avoided.

As for the bread etc your mum brought round, those birds would love to eat it in the garden, or better still, if you have a park near to you with some ducks, go and have a walk round that and feed them. Excersise combined with nature conservation, brilliant lol.:):)

Hope you feel more motivated as the day goes by and that your week gets better.

have great day !!!!!

had lovely sw breakfast then Huge fruit salad so i was full before going food shopping, all healthy SW stuff

went swimming with little one, well i watched as still go cold

then came back had another bowl of fruit and made a lovely veg and pasta stir fry which is all free

about to take LO to park on his scooter - so "IM BACK"

Giving myself a pat on the back and having mini cream egg after (2.5 syns)

thanks for kick up the but and advice all

Back