ok. I checked the guide and the suggestions are
1. drink more water with your meals and snacks
2. increase theportions size of each meal and snack by 10% for a few days and then reduce it if you can.
3. ad a small hadnful of allowed nuts with a glass of water to each snack meal
4. cut allowed veg into sticks or chunkes and keep them in the fridge to munch on when you're hungry
5. add 5ml olive oil to your shake = this wil slow digestion and let you feel fuller for longer.
My guess would be that you haven't been having enough to eat for your balanced meal..... the guide says your plate should be 1/4 meat and 3/4 veggies... would that be about right for what you had tonight?
Also I dont think one extra snack in one day is going to make a huge bit of difference to your overall weight loss in the week, I think the allowable snacks work out at 150 - 200 cals max which you more than worked off on your walk today.
As you said, it could also be habit, so stick it out and see how you go. x
You already asked me Sam, I'm in Derry. I'm currently a member of Curves here. and I love it.
I admire anyone who can go to a "normal" gym.. I hate them with a passion... good luck with the hunt for a decent one though