HELP! Have I Messed Up???!?!

x89amandax

Im only on day 4 of SS CD and today has been a really rough day im still getting headaches and feeling really weak. I really needed something to drink that wasnt water (i carnt stand black tea or coffee i usually pile my tea with sugar & milk) And ive had a can of diet coke... It has no carbs and has 1 calorie for the one can... I know im probably not allowed to drink this but my CDC advised i could have sugar free gum for bad breath and the sugar free gum seemed to have more calories/carbs soooo I wasnt sure whether to risk that either. Will the diet coke of effected me really badly???? I know its not like ive gone n ate a whole pizza or anything just dont want to of gone through this torture to of gone n messed it up lol

I've been having a can of diet coke a day and still lost weight (on my second week now).

I know you're not supposed to but my CDC told me that she used to have a can of coke zero every day when she was on SS because she doesn't think she would've been able to do it without it and she lost the weight fine so i've been doing the same. It really helps me through it.

I think you'll be alright, diet coke affects people in different ways. If i were you i would compensate by glugging extra water and be proud that you didn't cheat, i mean it could of been so much worse. So don't beat yourself up, get some water down your neck then tomorrow should be better as hopefully you'll be in ketosis. And get some water mixer from your cdc next time you see him/her.

I use sunshine orange and it keeps me getting bored of water, and i make lush ice lollies with it too which stops me being tempted at night.xx

Thanks guys! Im worried im just not getting into ketosis I had awful headaches on first day and i was fine day 2 and 3 now day 4 ive felt awful all day banging headache and i seem to of put a lb on since yesturday too i think im gunna stop weighing myself till i go see CDC or else its gunna drive me crazy lol

the citric acid in diet coke can mess with ketosis, when i get really bad hunger pains i have coke zero or dr pepper zero and they really help me, neither have the citric acid - this is the advice being given to atkins followers now - but i doubt your one can will do much if any damage!

I've had the occasional Diet Coke or Coke Zero when I was totally bored of water and it hasn't affected my weight loss. It's meant to trigger cravings in some and to make you bloated, but I've never found that. I'm sure you'll be fine! :)

It will drive you mental. Don;t worry about the coke, just really try to not go above a can a day.

Circa 2007 when I did CD, you were allowed a can of cooke zero a day. I used to really savour it.

I admit the other night I had 330 ml of dr Pepper Zero (I measured it from the bottle to a measuring jug, how sad is that?) and I fair enjoyed it too.

Anyway, try to stop scale hopping its very motivating when its going well, but its also crushing if its not moving as you want it to.

If you like sweet tea you can use tablet sweetner and a small ammount of vanilla shake mixed with water can make a milk substitute. Haven't tried it but read about it on here.

If you can get away with having COKE I would.... Its nice to have something to look forward to everyday..xx

Back