Help - headaches and feeling really sick...

Mala

Hi everyone, has anyone of you experienced this? I'm on day 4 now and been doing great, no cheating (amazing for me, lol). Did have a few headaches but expected that the first few days, but have been drinking well over 2 litres of water per day. Woke up this morning with a really bad headache. Barely managed to drap myself out of bed and take some paracetamol and loads of water. Starting feeling sick so made my porridge hoping that would help. Kept feeling really sick, plus shivering, so went back to bed and kept being cold even though I had quilt and throw on. Also had a dodgy tummy...

Finally got out of bed and am dressed now but still feel a bit weak and have a tingling headache. Maybe this was some sort of bug, I really hope it's not because of the diet and it will turn out that this isn't for me. So, does any of you experts out there know if this could have been a result of the diet? :confused:

Have lost 6 lbs already so can't wait for Wednesday weigh-in! :)

personally, i would say its totally unrelated to the diet hun and does sound like a bug! If thats the case then there isnt anything CD could have done to worsen/improve the situation!
Best advice i would say is keep yourself tucked up in bed, keep trying with the shakes but see how you feel!

Get well soon xx

Thanks Lizz, it's a relief to know it's not due to the diet. I really feel like having something to eat, but have resisted so far. Hopefully I'll be feeling ok again by tomorrow :)

Hi everyone, has anyone of you experienced this? I'm on day 4 now and been doing great, no cheating (amazing for me, lol). Did have a few headaches but expected that the first few days, but have been drinking well over 2 litres of water per day. Woke up this morning with a really bad headache. Barely managed to drap myself out of bed and take some paracetamol and loads of water. Starting feeling sick so made my porridge hoping that would help. Kept feeling really sick, plus shivering, so went back to bed and kept being cold even though I had quilt and throw on. Also had a dodgy tummy...

Finally got out of bed and am dressed now but still feel a bit weak and have a tingling headache. Maybe this was some sort of bug, I really hope it's not because of the diet and it will turn out that this isn't for me. So, does any of you experts out there know if this could have been a result of the diet? :confused:

Have lost 6 lbs already so can't wait for Wednesday weigh-in! :)

Hello Mala, hope that was just an simple bad headache, but if you have any kind of diets now, it could easy be becouse of that, couse diets doesnt feed your bran and body with all the nutritiens so that may be the reason, but you will see what hapening further!

Hey!! Well just to be controversial it could be the diet... when I started CD the first time round at my heaviest 20stone 6llbs day one saw me: vomit (yep really!) I was so ill at work they sent me home, my mums words ' you look grey' the headache was like a migraine level and I had the shakes... real withdrawal style! But after that I was fine this just hammered home to me how addicted to sugar I was!

However the second time I started - the carb headache didn't start until around day 4/5- remember that it can take up to a week for your body to go into ketosis so it just be your body making the transition :)

Keep at it! Xx

Back