HELP !!! HELP !! HELP !!

smeedee

Hi ,

I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience. I used cambridge to lose a stone and a half but within 4wks ( true not using the maintenance plan to spec) I put it all back on. The minute I start the cambridge again within 4-5 days 10lb falls off, then if I have a tuna salad per say, the next day 4lb's back on....why oh why does it do this ??

Any advice on how to lose a stone pronto and keep it off would be greatfuly appreciated...SO desperate now !! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

When you lose weight on a VLCD you lose glycogen in the first 3days - which weighs heavier than fat. If you do not go up the plans when you stop SS - 790/1000/1200/1500 you put glycogen back on again. If you then consume more calories than you expend in energy you'll then regain fat.

The ideal way to lose weight if you want to do SS is to come off it using the maintance plan of going up the plans and basically you then regain the glycogen whilst still losing weight - as most women need 2000 cals per day - so if you are on 790/1000/1200/1500 plan you'll still lose weight.

Does that make sense???

What if you dont have time to go through the plans?

Can you do an Atkins style diet. low carb?? Or will this still have the same effect.

I would have thought losing a stone and then going back to normal eating, it will take no time to put back on, but if you lose more (3-4 stone), then the initial glycogen store (6-10lbs) will fill, but the extra weight will not immediately pile back on....right?

Back