HELP!!How do you combat hunger in ketosis?

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi all, this isn't my first time on CD, but am discovering something this time which I haven't encountered before:

I'm feeling physical hunger when in ketosis. Permanently. It's not emotional as I am determined not to eat and don't really want to, apart from the fact that my stomach is actually hurting from the hunger.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to why this may be and how I can combat it? I have had all my shakes and plenty of water, so this isn't the reason... I'm after solutions more than a diagnosis really, but I guess you can't have one without the other.

I just dont understand it as I have never been hungry in ketosis before and as far as I'm aware, once in ketosis the hunger signals should not be passing to my brain... so what's going on?!

HELP!!!

Please don't get excited...I'm probably not going to be able to help.

Just wanted to reply as you sounded so desperate!!

Maybe its not hunger pain - just stomach ache from changing your diet again. Your body might be wondering whats going on and trying to process it differently - its a thought!

Hope it passes soon, lovey

LRO xx

lol im afraid that was my fiance.. he guessed my p/word a long time ago and won them all overnight!! hes a computer whizzkid! its annoying as i have only ever one one title myself (shapematch) which took me months! sad but true!

not sure why i feel so hungry, it is hunger as its the same as how i feel when i've left it ages between meals and im famished... just not sure how long i can deal with the discomfort! am feeling miserable but determined.

:(

not that im an expert but if you split your packs and have 6 smaller meals this might help and maybe hot water with flavourings as this will take off any wind worth a try

Thanks gailt, I can't have flavourings yet unfortunately though :( I'm not sure I could halve my tetras as they are so small as it is, I would hardly feel I was having anything. Can't make the shakes up at work so has to be tetras...

this is hard

oh, and mike is now cooking chips :( they smell of nice.

what you do is half hot water half tetra voila hot chocolate or half black coffee half tetra mocha mmmmmmmmm lovely plus the heat might help the pains in your stomach a bit more worth a try

ooh i had forgotten... tetra mochas mmmm...

am pleased to report am feelin loads better today and have been rewarded with another loss! 2lbs since yesterday, (so I weigh 12.2 and a half now, giving me a loss of 6.5lbs!! Yay!!)

am feeling positive and looking forward to havin SS+ meals this weekend (am allowing myself one allowed SS+ meal each weekend night so I can still have a life!)

Happy days :) xx

I used to get this too, you just have to keep occupied and do whatever to distract your thoughts. It does go & I think it's just pshycological (cant spell that word).

Glad you are feeling better today, well done on your loss so far, you are doing so well!!
xx

OMG! That is a massive loss and not even 1 week in yet! Well done hun. I am so pleased for you. You will be at goal before you know it :)

Back