Help - I am going to Bestival next weekend!

bexiboo87

I am new to this forum and only joined slimming world on August 4th. So far I have lost 16lbs and I am keen to keep losing but I am going to bestival music festival on September 8th until 12th. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice how to stay on track.

So far I am thinking of taking Alpen bars for my b choice and i'm still not sure about my a choice! I thinking i might get some small soya milks to drink. Then I have a few of the batchelors pasta pot shots, which are low to no syns. Then lots of apples and oranges! But i'm not sure what else to take as we will be limited with ways to cook things or keep things fresh. I don't really want to be going to the shops to buy stuff every day!

If anyone else has been in the festival/slimming world situation I would be ever so grateful for some advice.

I have just come back from a weeks camping and lost 3lbs!! However we had a stove so I ate loads of pasta, beans, bacon, mushrooms, eggs etc. Packet cous cous is great and low syn and you can just make it by pouring boiling water over it rather than following the instructions. I ate lots of fruit. You can take things like carrots that won't really need to be chilled, but will help you to get in your free food allowance! French fries crisps are quite low syns so at a push you could have those. Tins of no drain tuna are helpful...take some hexb bread and have tuna sandwiches or just mix it with some tinned sweetcorn, again so need to chill. It is possible to do it, you just have to do some preparation before hand.

I have just come back from a weeks camping and lost 3lbs!! However we had a stove so I ate loads of pasta, beans, bacon, mushrooms, eggs etc. Packet cous cous is great and low syn and you can just make it by pouring boiling water over it rather than following the instructions. I ate lots of fruit. You can take things like carrots that won't really need to be chilled, but will help you to get in your superfree food allowance! French fries crisps are quite low syns so at a push you could have those. Tins of no drain tuna are helpful...take some hexb bread and have tuna sandwiches or just mix it with some tinned sweetcorn, again no need to chill. It is possible to do it, you just have to do some preparation before hand.

(just edited out spelling mistakes)

I went to Bestival a couple of years back. I wasn't doing SW though but if you want a syn free snack head to the Sea Food stall. If you like seafood they sell cockles, mussells and prawns with vinegar like they do at the seaside MMMMmmmmmm

Jacket spuds and beans from the food stalls, chickpea curry and boiled rice or noodles from indian or noodle stalls, I take sw quiche with me for the first day, mug shots, frozen curry.

Would thoroughly recommend an Igloo coolbox if you are camping, they keep ice for 5 days and have wheels and a handle. I also take wholemeal pitta for my HexB and have meet from the hog roast van if there is one.

My sisters going to Bestival - didn't realise it was so close :)

It's so easy to food optimise at festivals - jacket potato stalls are everywhere.

Thai stalls/vegetarian/vegan stalls/pasta stalls/noodle stalls are also good for food optimising.

Obviously avoid buger bars and the pizzas.

Not only that but there will be buses to the main towns on the island for you to stock up on fresh fruit etc... every day.

Take your alpen bars - the soya drinks are a good idea but don't take loads of fresh fruit - it won't keep in the tent (which gets very very hot in the day).

I know you said that you didn't want to go into town every day but seriously it's nice to get off the campsite and have a full english in a cafe :D

Enjoy Bestival - have you got your fancy dress costume ready?? :D

xx

So how was it bexiboo87? More importantly how did you manage food wise?

Back