Help..... I feel like quitting

Discussion in 'All Other Diets' started by kj2s, 18 April 2009 Social URL.

1. kj2s

kj2s Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(25.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello everyone,

I have been following the Go Lower programme and doing ok, but the last week or so I have been ill, my taste buts have gone stupid and I have not been able to stomach the food at all, instead I have just been eating what I could when I could, comfort food with carbs mainly :(

I missed my weigh in yesterday, I didn't feel well enough so today I have had a shock, I have gained 5lbs!!!! :eek: :eek:

I was expecting a gain cause of eating carbs again but 5LBS!!! :cry:

Now I am in turmoil, I don't want to let all my hard work over the last 3 months slip, but if I'm honest I just feel like quitting :confused:

I need help..... a bit of advise or just a few kind words would really help me at the moment :wave_cry:

Thank You
    Karen x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. irishangel

irishangel Full Member

Those 5lbs wont be a 'fat' gain hun - it'll be mostly water that the body needs to process the carbs ...

Hopefully you feel better soon & if you're still a little sickly - try & stay away from the carbs hun - cut down on those & when you're feeling tip top again - get straight back on your program ...you're in charge remember - dont let a bit of yukkiness undo all your hard work :)

Really hope you feel better soon ;)

debs xx

4. kj2s

kj2s Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(25.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Debs, I knew in my owm mind that it couldn't be fat gain but it is still a shock :eek:

My problem is if I keep plodding along I am ok but as soon as i "cheat" I find it sooo hard to get back on track, every day is an enthusiastic start but it always goes wrong, I'm sure a lot of people have the same problem :eek: it can't just be me!

Thanks
    Karen X

5. Marina

Marina Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.29%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Choices mofo!
    Hey chica! Whatever you do dont quit! Its just too easy to do so. Everyone has a slip up, but you have to want the weight loss bad enough.
    Ive been sick during a diet, and I know. It sucks. All you want to eat is some moms home made food.
    But dont let that ruin all your hard work and dedication.
    Be strong!!

6. kj2s

kj2s Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(25.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Marina,

I am startig to feel a bit better today and a lot more positive, thanks for the support :D

I CAN do this.

Karen X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.