Help I have a wedding coming up, what should I do?

Nickienu

Hi Can anyone give me some advice? I have just received a wedding invite to for the 25th Feb and if was intending to be on LT until March or target weight which ever first. My problem is do I stop doing LT for the weekend of wedding (In spain), Can you just stop it and start eating and probably drinking (alcohol) for three days or do I need to do a refeed week before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am very new to this. First weigh in tomorrow morning and I can honestly say I have never been more nervous about something like this! Thanks x

hey hey ! when it comes to lt its really dangerous to drink alcohol when in ketosis, theres a thread somewhere telling you the dangers. Some people can be fine and others arent so best not to take the risk. Best think to do is to refeed the week before. I had a wedding back in September and i went and i just drank fizzy water. I told them that i was having an important dinner that evening. That way i left a little early just as everybody was getting p*ssed on the dancefloor. Whatever works for you though. Could you tell the bride or groom what you are doing? if worst comes to worst and you feel you must eat then just stick to protein and no carbs or sugar or alcohol. I hope that helps! just make sure you think about it. Also if you refeed for a week and then come back to LT it may be quite hard to get back on board, not impossible though as some people are able to do it!... good luck with your weigh in..and let us know what you decide xx

On LT I ate one weekend- protein no carbs- drank soda water (people assumed it was vodka and soda) did not affect my weight loss. I stopped tfr for a wedding and am sorry I did. I did not eat that much and was not allowed to re start tfr as bmi too low :( BEst of luck to you and what you decide x

Yep, defo defo defo do atleast a week of refeeding if you are planning on drinking any alcohol whatsoever.
If you can stay on LT then thats a bonus but if not think carefully regarding food choices and if you want to get back to tfr after then be prepared for it to be a little harder. x

Thanks guys for all your advice, I will be having a refeed week before I go. I had a word with the pharmacist yesterday at my weigh in and she thinks I will be very close to my goal weight by then but will not be able to start LT again as my BMI will be normal. So I have to work hard for the next 8 weeks and get the most of LT. I also lost 8 pounds in my first week, feel fantastic and my IBS hasn't bothered me for the first time in 10 years. That has given me all the motivation to on going.... Thanks xx

hey!! thats a great loss in your first week well done!! im the same,..i get a bit of IBS when im eating normally, when theres too much sugar or carbs in something... i didnt have it at all on lt before Christmas and then it returned after about four days back on food! forgot how horrible it is!!... enjoy you LT journey because it prob wont bother you at all!! xx

Fantastic nickienu.... Well done on your 8lb loss.. That's great x x

If all else fails you can go back on LT as long as you get weighed with pebbles in your pockets to add a bit more weight!! lol x x

Back