Help - I'm either doing SS or bingeing like a mad woman!

daisydaisy

As the title says, I'm getting seriously worried. I can do SS for a week or two quite happily, but when I fall off, I fall off big style. I go on what I can only describe as a serious carb bender - chocolate, cakes, bread, you name it. Twice this week I've gone to bed feeling absolutely dreadful and ill having overeaten really badly - and then woken up with that horrible 'food hangover', having to drag myself through the day feeling bloated, depressed and lethargic.

In contrast, when I'm on SS (after the first few days) I feel happy, full of energy and confident. I just can't seem to stick at it long enough!

In summary, I am either doing SS or bingeing like crazy - there's no happy medium. I'm concerned that I'm getting to the point where I can no longer remember what it's like to eat 'normally'. I've done LL in the past, so know all about my triggers etc, but I just don't seem to have any control around food.

Can anyone offer any pearls of wisdom? I'd really like to restart CD (again) tomorrow, but can't bear the idea of failing again and losing control of my eating.

Sorry for the long post!

Hi Daisy, very few pearls of wisdom from me but having had similar problems myself can understand where you are coming from ! Have now signed up for March challenge and am completely determined to SS for 1 whole month. Would be happy to support you and resist the 'dark side' together if that would be any help. Am trying to focus on why I want / need to do this.

Thanks everyone for your responses - it has helped to know I'm not actually going mad!

I've been thinking about my general behaviour and attitudes towards losing weight, and I've realised I tend to put too much emphasis on it - I put life on hold, promising myself everything will be great when I've lost the weight. I stop buying clothes 'cos it's not worth it - they'll only fit for a couple of weeks!' - then fail yet again to lose the weight, and hence I'm permanently clomping about in clothes that are feeling tight and which I no longer feel confident in.

So... one thing I have decided to do, is go out shopping tomorrow and treat myself to some nice things THAT FIT ME THE SIZE I AM NOW - that will be a first, I'm always buying things one or two sizes too small, most of which of course never get worn cos I never manage to slim into them. Well I'm going to pack them away into suitcases where I can't see them - looking at them each morning just makes me feel a failure. I'm going to make the most of me as I am now, and try to stop these negative feelings I have about my appearance. And if I manage to knuckle down to CD again, that will be a bonus. But I'm going to stop putting my life on hold in the meantime.

Phew, glad to get all that out!

oh daisy I know exactly how you are feeling as I too have recently been on the ss/binge rollercoaster. its as if I have no control of myself when I am bingeing, and the hatred I feel for myself after a binge is awful.

I am having hypnosis on MOnday and will let you know how that goes. In the meantime, your second post shows that you are taking positive steps to try and get it under control. You recognise that the behaviour isnt right and thats going to help you shift this weight.

Good luck and enjoy your shopping trip today xxx

Daisydaisy,

Well done for sharing what so many of us go through.
I think you are right to take positive steps to try and break the cycle.
I personally use the jolly good talking to method on myself and have a network of people who remind me how much self hate I would have have if I give in before my journey is over.They also tell me nice things about myself at bad times to keep me positive

I sincerely hope you find your way through this and enjoy your shopping

I'm trying to look forward to the diet instead of dreading it. So not thinking that I'm depriving myself just helping myself. Touch wood it seems to be working. Have fun shopping !

Is ther any chance of getting the carbs out of your house? Could you binge on low-carb food (cheese, nuts, meat)? I know it ain't the same as chocolate, and there is still high fat content but at least you should stayin ketosis so hunger cravings don't start.
It kinda works for me, but the guilts the same.

Back