HELP - I'm ill :(

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by SweetySuperstar, 7 October 2008 Social URL.

1. SweetySuperstar

SweetySuperstar Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hello everyone,

Just need some advice really... I've got a very sore throat and ear ache - was up half the night coughing... :(

I know we can't take conventional medicine whilst on LL coz of the high sugar content etc, so have gargled with salt water and aspirin this morning... but just wondering if it is ok to take a vitamin C tablet???

I had a quick look at the ingredients and they seemed ok but then I didn't want to take something that might contain citric acid by another name and kick me out of ketosis!!!!

Does anyone know whether it is ok to take vit C tablets or if there is any particular shop / brand which is ok??

Thanks for your replies xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. karmawitch

karmawitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Vit C is Ascorbic acid, I'm not sure if it will be ok or not, but I think it is

4. SurreySlimmer

SurreySlimmer lovin' it!

Diet:
    LighterLife
    You poor thing, I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago and my LLC said to go to Boots and ask the pharmacist for something diabetic friendly. They gave me a Beachams product which did the trick. If in doubt just go for whatever is sugar-free.

5. lynnwilliams

lynnwilliams Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    My LLC said last night that we can take extra vitamins if we need to, as some people need more.So should be ok.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.