Help - I'm still starving?

AnnieBananee

Hi everyone - I need some advice. I'm on day 3 and I am still starving. I mean tummy-rumbling emptiness. I have had my shakes, black coffee, and averaged about 2 liters of plain water a day in addition to the water in the shakes and coffee. The only other things that have crossed my lips are splenda tablets in my coffee, toothpaste and listerene strips for the pongy breath. What am I doing wrong?

Be patient honey - you may just be taking a bit longer to get into ketosis (the stage that doesnt make you feel hungry) so stick it out a couple more days :D

nothing..just stick with it.

im getting weighed for the first time tomorrow but im still getting tummy rumbles..just ignore it and go have a hot bath or go for a walk or something :) and dont forget to space out your shakes so you dont get that empty feeling :) thats what im doing!

Hi Annie

Don't worry i am also on day 3 and feel hungry. I will tell what has helped for me a little is splitting my afternoon and teatime shakes into 2 it works well with hot cholcolate. Keep going i have been told the first week is the hardest. I always promised myself that i will do at least a week. Good luck.

this is how it is for the first few days

stay with it your doing really well

once the first week is over its far easier

Thanks for the feedback and support everyone. I did split my shakes this morning, thinking that spacing them out would help (I tried using half the vanilla in each of two coffees). Do you think that the listerene strips are keeping me from reaching the ketosis stage? I could only fine the Cool MInt listerene Strips and when I asked the pharmacist at Asda if they sold the strips in Original, she said she wasn't aware that Listerene DID the original strips. What do you think - is it the cool mint strips?

You got the one in the green pack?
I have them and they havnt affected me :D

Yes, the green pack. Ok, well then, I'll just have another cup of coffee, "lay back and think of England" :)

It can vary from people it took me 5 days to stop feeling hungry and still now if my shake is late my stomach rumbles so loud. Have you tried upping your water and splitting your shakes is good.

More water! I was drinking 4 litres and more just water, that didn't include the tea, coffee or shake stuff...it really does keep hunger at bay...

Goodluck just stay with it. Its going to be worth it. XX

Thanks for that! I'll try to have some more water. I like your food ethos of clean eating - my husband and I started growing our own organic fruit and veg several years ago, and can't encourage people enough to stop eating processed stuff. It was really our biggest reservation about my decision to do LT - what goes into these shakes. I mean really - hydrogenated fat??? But LT does seem to be the solution for getting rid of this extra 3 stone I've picked up, and I'm really determined to give this a chance before going back to the wild rocket & water cress! :)

It was really our biggest reservation about my decision to do LT - what goes into these shakes. I mean really - hydrogenated fat??? But LT does seem to be the solution for getting rid of this extra 3 stone I've picked up, and I'm really determined to give this a chance before going back to the wild rocket & water cress! :)

Yes, rather ironic, that in order to kick start the healthy we need to push aside some important values...but it does work and it helps with the food addictions if you let it...although staying away from food for so long also has the effect of it being the only thought you have (I mean dreaming of eating whole chocolate cakes and things like that)...it is a difficult decision and journey, but well worth it...eating clean never tasted so good after sole source! I used to crave carrots all the time...carrots!

I know what you mean; last night all I could think about was a baked sweet potato. What just 3 days on LT has really driven home to me is how bombbarded we (as a society) are by food messages! Radio, television, magazines, billboards, films...

I know what you mean; last night all I could think about was a baked sweet potato. What just 3 days on LT has really driven home to me is how bombbarded we (as a society) are by food messages! Radio, television, magazines, billboards, films...

I totally agree!!! IT IS EVERYWHERE!!!

Yep!! and no matter where you drive you always see a drive through or a chippy or something like that!!

Or my husband chomping his way through his Sunday tea...which I won't even tell you about because that would be reallllllyyyyy cruel!

it does get easier hun - i ve just finished week 3 and i never get hungry - keep at it

lol!!
My bf wants me to cook him his tea of a stir fry - i actually dont mind - strangley it helps smelling food!! :D

Back