Help !! Is this right ?

robyn2009

My friend has just emailed me this does anyone know if this is right ?

She said '' Rotisary chickens you can get from all the supermarkets, ready cooked have to be counted as 6 SYNS PER 100 GRAMS!.... :eek:
It is because it is injected with so much oil! also the meat from Carveries have to be treated in the same way!''

I always thought if you took the skin off they were free on a 'red day'

Anyone know ? What do you think ?

Robyn

My friend has just emailed me this does anyone know if this is right ?

She said '' Rotisary chickens you can get from all the supermarkets, ready cooked have to be counted as 6 SYNS PER 100 GRAMS!.... :eek:
It is because it is injected with so much oil! also the meat from Carveries have to be treated in the same way!''

I always thought if you took the skin off they were free on a 'red day'

Anyone know ? What do you think ?

Robyn

it depends on how its been cooked, ie with oil etc it will have syns

Ew I hope thats not true why would you inject meat with oil!?

I must be daft I never gave a thought that they would inject them with oil I know you can see stuff dripping off which I thought were juices ..... or all the fat dripping away !! opps silly me its got me thinking now.
no wonder they are so scrummy ;)

Robyn

Well, I'm not so sure about this, you can have fish from the chippy if you take the batter off and you can have KFC chicken if you remove the skin.
We are always advised to have a carvery, I do not see why this would be synned either.

You should take the skin off meat before cooking but can remove this after cooking and the meat is still free. I've had a look on the SW website and can't see this.

I am going to email my consultant to see if she can give a definate yes or no
but I guess Ive been eating the regually skin removed without syn-ing them for me its been ok

Most supermarket chicken is injected with water.

Think this is one to check with SW direct. I have eaten chicken from the rotisserie with the skin off, and had it as free food. Never quite felt like free food though!

They baste them don't they, and if they do inject them with oil it will be to make them moist and plump...

Eek...

its right just checked it on web site
Asda Plain Whole Chicken, Rotisserie 100g

red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green

Asda Barbecue Basted Whole Chicken, Rotisserie 100g
red.gif
Original 3 Syns
green.gif
Green 9½ Syns

Asda Extra Tasty Basted Whole Chicken, Rotisserie 100g
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 8 Syns

Asda Garlic Whole Chicken, Rotisserie 100g
red.gif
Original 3½ Syns
green.gif
Green

think they do inject with some kind of fat to stop them drying out hope this helps
p.s ive been eating them too without checking

Back