Help, I've hit an emotional wall!

libelule

I started on SW just after Christmas and I'm following the plan to the letter but my losses have been very slow to date (4.2lbs). I did start exercising around the same time and I'm seeing a difference in my physique but it seems like such a lot of work for such little gain.

I'm committed to sticking with it but I feel as if I spend all my time working out, meal planning, food shopping, cooking and logging what I ate. Any advice for getting over this hurdle?

Hi,
I haven't been back on it for so long but I know how you feel. For me, if I'm not planning it, buying it or preparing it, I'm eating it. That's just the nature of the plan. I hope one day that I'll be able to plan a day of food without having to jot it down or read up on it.
Keep at it, it'll be worth it in the end.

I meal plan once a month. I buy tons of food, have a mega cook up for an afternoon and then put the resulting meals in plastic freezer boxes and then freeze them as 'ready meals' once they cool. Then all I have to do is take out the next day's meal before I go to bed. I do my overnight oats then as well. I do log everything I eat as I find it helpful. I log my exercise as well. My cupboards now have no high syn food in at all. I keep a gazillion Muller Lights in the fridge, lots of fruit and veg to snack on. I chop up carrots and munch them, little tomatos etc too. That way I don't need to think about it.

It does get easier, honest.

You must have more freezer space than me!!! Do you make just for you or do you cook the same meal for the family?

I started on SW just after Christmas and I'm following the plan to the letter but my losses have been very slow to date (4.2lbs). I did start exercising around the same time and I'm seeing a difference in my physique but it seems like such a lot of work for such little gain.

I'm committed to sticking with it but I feel as if I spend all my time working out, meal planning, food shopping, cooking and logging what I ate. Any advice for getting over this hurdle?

I think any healthy lifestyle requires more time on meal planning and preparing. I have a nephew who is a bodybuilder. His girlfriend is a fitness model too and their weekends usually include a full day of meal-prep for the following week. I think, when the end result is something that you really really want then it all just becomes part of your lifestyle. I like the element of control I get through meal planning etc. Whilst I don't generally cook several days worth to freeze, I usually always make at least enough dinner so that I have some for lunch the following day. That way I'm only cooking once a day and making a LOT of use of my slow-cooker also cuts down on the time I need to spend in the kitchen.

With regard to exercise, are you taking measurements regularly? Exercise does slow weight loss but a certain weight can look vastly different on someone who DOES exercise compared to someone who doesn't. If you don't have a huge amount of weight to lose (I'm taking several stones at least) then you might find you need to lose less than you think.

Here's a visual motivator that I absolutely LOVE!

5487414_orig.jpg

Hi,
I haven't been back on it for so long but I know how you feel. For me, if I'm not planning it, buying it or preparing it, I'm eating it. That's just the nature of the plan. I hope one day that I'll be able to plan a day of food without having to jot it down or read up on it.
Keep at it, it'll be worth it in the end.

thank you! It's nice to know I'm not alone! Like I said, I'm committed so will keep at it and hopefully it will become second nature.

I think any healthy lifestyle requires more time on meal planning and preparing. I have a nephew who is a bodybuilder. His girlfriend is a fitness model too and their weekends usually include a full day of meal-prep for the following week. I think, when the end result is something that you really really want then it all just becomes part of your lifestyle. I like the element of control I get through meal planning etc. Whilst I don't generally cook several days worth to freeze, I usually always make at least enough dinner so that I have some for lunch the following day. That way I'm only cooking once a day and making a LOT of use of my slow-cooker also cuts down on the time I need to spend in the kitchen.

With regard to exercise, are you taking measurements regularly? Exercise does slow weight loss but a certain weight can look vastly different on someone who DOES exercise compared to someone who doesn't. If you don't have a huge amount of weight to lose (I'm taking several stones at least) then you might find you need to lose less than you think.

Here's a visual motivator that I absolutely LOVE!

5487414_orig.jpg
Thank you so much! This is awesome and really puts things into perspective. Unfortunately I didn't take measurements but I did take a starting picture and will continue to take one every month so that I can see progress that way. I'm definitely referring back to these pictures every time I need a kick up the bum!

I meal plan once a month. I buy tons of food, have a mega cook up for an afternoon and then put the resulting meals in plastic freezer boxes and then freeze them as 'ready meals' once they cool. Then all I have to do is take out the next day's meal before I go to bed. I do my overnight oats then as well. I do log everything I eat as I find it helpful. I log my exercise as well. My cupboards now have no high syn food in at all. I keep a gazillion Muller Lights in the fridge, lots of fruit and veg to snack on. I chop up carrots and munch them, little tomatos etc too. That way I don't need to think about it.

It does get easier, honest.

thank you! I'm not organized enough to plan for a month but I'm working on it.

thank you! I'm not organized enough to plan for a month but I'm working on it.
Neither am I really but I kind of make myself get on with it as I'm a bit hopeless otherwise. We are moving soon so currently eating through the freezer so it will be as empty as possible.

I've only lost 4lbs this month as well and have been sticking to it. I just see it as at least I'm losing. If you can see a difference in your figure focus on that as opposed to the number on the scales as that is what everyone else see's as well.

Losing over 4lbs in a about a month isn't slow! If you did that every month that's a lot of weight gone in a year. You haven't said what exercise you are doing, it must be high intensity to see visible change in physique in a month?

The planning becomes easier once you are familiar with the foods, syns, what works for you ( lunches at work, breakfasts that keep you satisfied etc.) keep the faith, keep planning. You will get there. Plenty of support on here. Follow,some of the diaries for food ideas and see others journeys.

Good luck.

Losing over 4lbs in a about a month isn't slow! If you did that every month that's a lot of weight gone in a year. You haven't said what exercise you are doing, it must be high intensity to see visible change in physique in a month?

The planning becomes easier once you are familiar with the foods, syns, what works for you ( lunches at work, breakfasts that keep you satisfied etc.) keep the faith, keep planning. You will get there. Plenty of support on here. Follow,some of the diaries for food ideas and see others journeys.

Good luck.

thanks, I'm feeling a lot better this week. In terms of exercise, I'm working out with a personal trainer 3 times a week and walking with some jogging intervals on my treadmill another 3 days. I used to be super fit until a few years ago when I had some health issues that stopped me so I think I still have some muscle memory.

Back