Help, last 4lbs!!!

lin21net

I have 4lbs to lose to get to my target and I am finding it soooo hard. Following the plan ok but it's a 1lb off, half on and seem to be hovering for the last 4 weeks. Anyone got any ideas how to get the last 4 off so for the first time in my life I can get to target :) thanks in advance. X

Which plan are you following? How about changing it around a bit. Success express may help. Well done for getting so close to target x

Lin21net im exactly the same- ive had 5.5lb to lose since Xmas. Lost 1lb after, then STS then 1/2 on, 1/2 off etc then had fab week of 3lb off, now last 2 weeks sts again! Got 1.5lb to go and just cannot shift it! Ive tried having no Syns at all,the a week having the syn allowance, exercising etc but doesnt seem to change! Even tried Success Express this week to the best i could (dont like fruit so breakfast for me was nigh on impossible to SE!)
I already vary my meals hugely as i love cooking, only thing i can think to alter now is less carbs as i do enjoy my pasta and potatoes.
Any help appreciated also!!

just follow the plan hun, we all try the tweaks when we get close but trust the plan , plan your meals, do a food diary (and be honest about it) have your syns, mix things up a bit - maybe try a couple of original days, drink plenty of water and keep going you will get there x

Thanks everyone, mostly do EE with some red days thrown in. Tried success express to the letter and lost. 1/2lb, gutted! I'm going to just try n do what I done before and as you said not try n tweak anything like syns. A couple of weeks I lost 1.5lb each week was drinking caffeinated green tea instead of coffee so might try that again this week :)

good luck Lin21net - let us know how you get on! My WI is tomorrow so will see what happens and then take everyones advice on board for the next week!

How do you feel about scan bran? I'm on day 5 now of the scan bran challenge and can see and feel the difference massively!! (My trousers that fit on Monday are falling off me today) I'm on my last stretch so I have upped my fibre content and it seems to have worked wonders for me, I do Red Days and have 2 HEBs so it's 40g All Bran for breakfast (HEB) and 5 scan bran (HEB) with Laughing cow cheese, cooked ham and tomatoes for lunch and I'm using my syns for HiFi or Alpen Lights so it's fibre overload! I've also swapped milk for soya milk and it's actually really nice! Just some things that seemed to have done the trick for me this week :D

I'll be honest gemma im not a Scan bran fan! I use them to make the SW ferrero rocher and thats about it! I dont even like Ryvita or anything so not sure that would work. If i really cant shift this last 1.5lb though it may be worth me trying to incorporate it more somewhow to see if it boosts the loss...!

I'll be honest gemma im not a Scan bran fan! I use them to make the SW ferrero rocher and thats about it! I dont even like Ryvita or anything so not sure that would work. If i really cant shift this last 1.5lb though it may be worth me trying to incorporate it more somewhow to see if it boosts the loss...!

I tried them for the first time on Sunday with warm milk and chopped banana and I almost vomited trying to keep it down it was vile and I was thinking how on earth will I manage 5 days of this?! but I have had them the rest of the week with tomatoes and making and egg mayo from boiled eggs and light french salad dressing the trick is to diguise the flavour with something moist that also helps and I think you get used to them, but saying that I don't tend to mind Ryvitas either though so they just may not suit you, I STS last weigh in and I'm so tempted to cheat and weigh myself now but I'm going to wait, I will let you know how I get on...

gemma - yes deffo let us know how you get on! I have 1/2 pack scan bran left from some Ferrero Rocher i made for a girls weekend a few weeks ago, so may try your suggestions of disguising the taste then!
kerryathome - yep WI tonight, dreading it!! Will let you know what the scales say although im reckoning another STS...!

I'm the same- I got to 2 stone in November, only had 7lbs to go until target, Xmas hit me hard, and then I got back to 2 stone off in January.
Since then I've been up and down like a yo-yo! Closest I've been is 1lbs away! But then I put on 2.5lbs and this week I've lost 2lbs so I now have 1.5lbs to go and I keep trying to find ways to get it off but nothing is working!
I've made sure I have all my Syns, HEX's and super free...

If I don't lose next Wednesday I think I will be trying the scan bran challenge as I have a pack in my cupboard and I want to be at target! X

clairej03 and dougal1983 I did exactly the same, I added in body magic, started running and hey presto the last half stone jsut fell away, good luck and keep going, be kind to yourselves you will get there xx

its like ryvita but drier and more difficult to chew, loads of fibre in it though, 5 for a healthy extra b or 1 syn each, can only buy them from group or Holland and Barrett x

I find that cutting caffeine helps. Try dandelion tea, it prevents water retention and helps your system flush itself out.

some say so, I've never thought they help. I guess if you're not 'regular' scan bran with lots more water does help x

Back