Help, last 4lbs!!!

well WI last night - and STS AGAIN!!! 3 weeks in a row - was a bit grumpy at group last night!! Everyone says it will go, but getting very disillusioned and annoyed now :(

Awww sorry Claire I know how you feel it's so disheartening!! and with regards to the scan bran the consultants make out it's like some miracle cure, maybe this is a sales push...?? reading the forums it seems it works for some and doesn't make a difference to others I think the most benefit of it is that it is really filling although it is a very acquired taste! I think it's worth a try if you can stomach it, I have grown to like it and am going to continue to eat regardless of whether I lose or not but it's WI Tuesday after the "5 Day Challenge" so I will let you all know what the outcome is, I've also heard the white fish challenge is a good one.... But then SW shouldn't really be about "fads" it works regardless think it's just when you need that last push.

Awww sorry Claire I know how you feel it's so disheartening!! and with regards to the scan bran the consultants make out it's like some miracle cure, maybe this is a sales push...?? reading the forums it seems it works for some and doesn't make a difference to others I think the most benefit of it is that it is really filling although it is a very acquired taste! I think it's worth a try if you can stomach it, I have grown to like it and am going to continue to eat regardless of whether I lose or not but it's WI Tuesday after the "5 Day Challenge" so I will let you all know what the outcome is, I've also heard the white fish challenge is a good one.... But then SW shouldn't really be about "fads" it works regardless think it's just when you need that last push.

Thanks gemma, just felt really down last night. A few people were encouraging me to 'call target' at my current 9st 8.5 to take the pressure off, but since the start of SW ive had 9st 7 in my head so even if i 'call target' i know in my head i will feel a cheat and will not feel like im at target at all and have not earned the certificate etc. Probably just me but i know waht im like and i wont enjoy the fact im a traget member if i havent really hit my target!
Ill see this week, the last 3 weeks when ive STS i have had wine with friends on the sat night, i have counted it religiously and still gone nowhere near my full weekly Syn allowace but perhaps i need a week with no drink as i know alcohol are the worst syns you can have really! Will try that this week and see what happens, coupled with being 100% on plan im hoping it may help. If not i suppose the silver lining is i seem to have no problem maintaining so when i do hit target it should be ok!!!lol!
Thanks for the support :)

How do you feel about vodka rather than wine? I have swapped to vodka and tonics as I like my Saturday nights out! 9 stone 7 is my target too and I think I'm really going to struggle being tall 10 stone is usually a good weight for me so think I'm pushing it a bit far.... But I'm the same thinking a few weekends without alcohol see if it helps, I'm on holiday 1st April so I haven't got long until I want to be a target hence the desperate measures haha I would stick with your target I would personally feel the same as you and you will always be aiming for that 9st 7 anyway so stick with it and I'm sure you will get there in the end :)

must admit i reallty dont like Vodka, however love Malibu so possible malibu and diet coke is the way forward! I even switched to spritzers having 1/2 wine and 1/2 tonic water so i had half the alcohol amount i normally would...but clearly not helping! Im not out at all this week so will see how the alcohol-less week effects the weigh-in! I am deffo going to stick at the 9st 7 target, im glad its not just me that has the mentality that i cant raise my target!!lol! Will see what this week brings then - no wine, lots of water and lots of superfree...target here i come (i hope!!!) let us know how you get on at next WI too hun, you're only 9lb off target too arent u?

I just checked and Malibu has 4 syns per 35ml same as vodka, quite suprised by that! So go for the Malibu... I'm off to a cocktail bar tomorrow so no such luck for me oooopss!!haha yeah 9lb to go (in 3 weeks eeeek!!!) I've only been back to group 2 weeks on Tuesday after going solo for a long time so I'm really pushing myself for a wedding abroad 1st April for my gorgeous frock!

I just checked and Malibu has 4 syns per 35ml same as vodka, quite suprised by that! So go for the Malibu... I'm off to a cocktail bar tomorrow so no such luck for me oooopss!!haha yeah 9lb to go (in 3 weeks eeeek!!!) I've only been back to group 2 weeks on Tuesday after going solo for a long time so I'm really pushing myself for a wedding abroad 1st April for my gorgeous frock!

You'll be fine hun im sure, you seem to be determined and know what you are doing! Enjoy the cocktail bar!!! Let me know how u get on at next weigh in, hopefully you can smash that 9lb this month, if not dont be downhearted as im sure you will look brilliant and feel confident anyway :)

Sorry to hear that Claire, why not have a 'first week' weigh and measure healthy extras, have your full syns, sometimes when we are near we try to tweak the plan a bit because we so want to get there, go back to basics and see what happens xx

thanks Kerry, i have been having my syn allowance this weekend and sticking to the plan otherwise, so will see what happens!

Claire my mum is on sw although only 9 stone she has just 6oz to her goal and it will not shift however, when she measured she was 3inch down on her waist.

Claire my mum is on sw although only 9 stone she has just 6oz to her goal and it will not shift however, when she measured she was 3inch down on her waist.

I know im down sizes, was a size 14 and at the weekend i bought 3 size 10 dresses without trying them on and got home and they fit perfectly so im very happy that ive dropped 2 sizes, but stupidly i didnt do my measurements before i started so no idea of my inch loss!! Its just a mental thing i know - set a target and i want to hit it! Ill keep plugging away at it, my scales this week are suddnely showing between 2 and 3.5lbs down each day so im keeping my fingers crossed that somethings changed this week and that loss will still show on thursdays WI!! thankyou for your message though its nice to know that others are stuck too, maybe its just the bodies way of saying this is the right weight for me?

I think it's a good idea to get to eager I've then got your leeway to maintain as if you stop 4lb off put 3lb on any time your back to half a stone keep going you'll get there. :)

thanks i will! Fingers crossed for WI this week, surely cant maintain 4th week in a row!!! But yes you're right if i can get there then that 3lb leeway is good as i know my body is comfortable around this mark so hopefully wont be a struggle to mainatin :)

Just to update I lost 2.5lb last night! after a naughty weekend too (ooops!) and I also won Slimmer of the Week I was so happy :) not sure if it's anything to do with the scan bran but I do like the stuff so will be eating it again this week... I also did not do any exercise last week so I'm super happy with the results!

Well done Gemma thats fab news! great week!!
My scales are showing between 3.5 and 2 off depending when i weigh...but will see if the SW scales agree tomorrow!! but like you i actually had quite a bad weekend as visited my parents and went out for 2 meals so im not expecting a loss as kind of gave up this weekend, been eating good this week though so maybe it'll help!! maybe a bad weekend is the key!!
Fab loss for you though!
:D

i did it!!! Hit target bang on tonight, so pleased!!! Long road (9 1/2 months) but 2st 1/2lb later im there :) Maybe you're right - the bad few days over the weekend kicked my body up the bum and got rid of the last 1.5lbs! :D

i did it!!! Hit target bang on tonight, so pleased!!! Long road (9 1/2 months) but 2st 1/2lb later im there :) Maybe you're right - the bad few days over the weekend kicked my body up the bum and got rid of the last 1.5lbs! :D

Well done! You must feel amazing.

Brilliant Claire. Welcome to target. Woo hoo! Now to keep it off. My advice is to keep going to group and stick to the plan. Enjoy your success xx

Back