Help!!! Losing the baby weight...

KelYoung8

Hi Everyone,

I'm unofficially joining the SW diet tomorrow.... my little boy turns 1 this week so I can no longer use the 'I've just had a baby' excuse! I have about 1 1/2 stone left to lose until I am back to my pregnancy weight and most importantly back into my clothes :)

It's difficult for me to get out to the meetings and to be honest I could do without the expense so I am going to try this at home. I bought the magazine and have downloaded the free weekly meal planner from the SW website. So I'm almost ready to go...

I'm vegetarian so I am going to be following the green plan and had a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer before I start....

1. Are there any fruits or vegetables that aren't counted as free foods?
2. My understanding is you can eat tofu and soya products (veg mince, quorn sausages etc...) on a green day. Am I correct?

and lastly the three most important questions....

3. How many syns are in a glass of red wine?
4. How many syns are in a gin and slimline tonic?
5. If you are weighing cheese as a healthy extra how much mozzarella and cheddar can you have?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help answer my questions. Need to get motivated so really looking forward to getting started!

Kel x

Hi Everyone,

I'm unofficially joining the SW diet tomorrow.... my little boy turns 1 this week so I can no longer use the 'I've just had a baby' excuse! I have about 1 1/2 stone left to lose until I am back to my pregnancy weight and most importantly back into my clothes :)

It's difficult for me to get out to the meetings and to be honest I could do without the expense so I am going to try this at home. I bought the magazine and have downloaded the free weekly meal planner from the SW website. So I'm almost ready to go...

I'm vegetarian so I am going to be following the green plan and had a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer before I start....

1. Are there any fruits or vegetables that aren't counted as free foods?
2. My understanding is you can eat tofu and soya products (veg mince, quorn sausages etc...) on a green day. Am I correct?

and lastly the three most important questions....

3. How many syns are in a glass of red wine?
4. How many syns are in a gin and slimline tonic?
5. If you are weighing cheese as a healthy extra how much mozzarella and cheddar can you have?

Thanks so much to anyone who can help answer my questions. Need to get motivated so really looking forward to getting started!

Kel x

Hi Kel
Good luck!
Some veg is not super free, it's just free- peas, parsnips, sweet corn, mushy peas and most beans. You need to be aiming for a third super free- basically other veg not mentioned there!
You can eat tofu/quorn on a green day.
A 175ml red wine is 6syns.
Gin is 4.5syns per 35ml- remember most standard servings are only 25ml though.
Slimline tonic is free!
You can have 30g standard cheddar, 40g reduced fat cheddar and 45g mozzarella!
Phew.
Hope this helps x

Hi Kel, my boy is 14 months and I'm like you gutted I'm still carrying 'baby' weight. I actually lost all I'd put on when I was pregnant by the time LO was about 6 months but then I've put it all back on since going back to work!

I've lost 4lbs in my first week this week so SW does work if you give it 100%!

Im doin it from home too... my LO is nearly 2 n half and ive just managed to get to my pre-pregnancy weight (although still a few stone i need to loose!)

rosie has hit the nail on the head wit ur questions... if u get stuck for syns, hexs, recipes or anything really theres lots of threads and sub forums on here. I like to think of minis as my 'group'

good luck!! :D

My little boy is 2 on Thursday and I still have some baby weight left to lose! I've lost 2st 1lb already and have 6lb baby weight left to go and then a further 2st 4lb to lose!

Back