help! maaaaad sugar cravings!

lilpixiesue

ohh its all going wrong today!! been a stressful day one way or another and i succumbed to sweeties! I haven't eaten much in the way of sweet stuff since i started SW but today I am majorly craving SUGAR. I just ate half a pack of Haribo and now I feel sick and disgusted with myself, but I still want more!!

its all going wrong... all my syns are gone today and I was gonna spend them on a nice dinner :-/

How about a cup of tea with more sweetener than usual? Or an options hot choc for 2 syns? Xxx

I find once I start on sweetes etc I can't stop, try and do something like pain your nails or mow the lawn to get yourself in a different frame of mind x

should i still have the nice dinner i was planning or try and have something syn free?

How many syns were planned for the dinner?

was gonna make a curry with a curry kit I have which requires coconut milk, i think around 6 syns worth? I think I will try and make a syn free curry though :)

thank you for quick replies! What a great forum :)
kettle is boiling for Options x

yeah would try go for syn free curry then at least in your head you will feel better for it too and the syn free curries are yummm anyway! I'm quite lucky I don't get bad sugar cravings but if I do the Highlights and the Alpen Light Cheese Cake is a defo winner for me :)

thanks. I generally don't eat much sweet stuff now since startin SW and it is unusual for me. I thought i was doing well at reprogramme my stress responses but there is obviously still something deep rooted which says to me stress=eat sugar!!

Do you drink a lot of 'diet' drinks? As sometimes the aspartame in them can make you crave sweet things

Ive just discovered Truvia. When I'm having a sweet craving I literally sit dipping my finger in a little sachet of it works a treat x

have just started making what one of my fellow class members calls a 'stiffy' lol. Sugar free jelly made up to half a pint, allowed to cool slightly and then a tub of quark mixed in along with 2 fat free yogurts - I actually used strawberry jelly and the shape rhubarb crumble dessert yogurts, then leave in the fridge to set. Result??? - a very sweet sticky mousse type pudding! Not my cup of tea normally, but certainly kept me off the choccy on my star week! x

have just started making what one of my fellow class members calls a 'stiffy' lol. Sugar free jelly made up to half a pint, allowed to cool slightly and then a tub of quark mixed in along with 2 fat free yogurts - I actually used strawberry jelly and the shape rhubarb crumble dessert yogurts, then leave in the fridge to set. Result??? - a very sweet sticky mousse type pudding! Not my cup of tea normally, but certainly kept me off the choccy on my star week! x

Oh forgot to mention - it lasted me for quite a few days x

I made an amazing tasting curry last night. I used Thai red curry paste (1-2 syns a tbsp depending on what type you use, chicken, vege, milk from allowance, Philadelphia (hexa), natural yogurt and muller light coconut sprinkled with chocolate (syn free). It was the nicest, creamiest curry I've ever made and only 1 syn a portion! You could see the chocolate sprinkles from the yogurt but couldn't taste it, just the coconut!! Boyfriend loved it!
I have also recently discovered Truvia, very expensive but soo sweet and yummy x

stivesliz said:

How many syns is that? Sounds yummy :)

if I am craving sweet things, I put a teasppon of 1/2 sygar in my brew and that stops it. Then I don't have to waste syns on chocolate but make my main meals more yummy instead :)

Marshmallows- just had half a bag (25g) for 4 syns. Was about 9 pieces and hit the sugar spot nicely!

How many syns is in this altogether????? xx

Back