Help me for Valentines! Low fat ice cream

JoJoJo

Hi all,
We're staying in on V day and cooking a 3 course sw friendly meal. I'm going to be ok keeping starter and main syn free but will use syns on our desert - Eton Mess. I would like to make this with low fat ice cream- anyone got any tips for lowest syn value ice cream? I would be willing to break up a choc ice too if it's lower syns mmmm!

hmmmm i love eton mess...you could always make it with very low fat fromage frais and sweetner.....? then would only have to syn part of it.....could even make the meringues with sweetner and egg whites...free again...:)

hmmm. I had thought of mini milk but bit too icy! If that makes sense! Think I will go for the Skinny Cow cos you do get lots! Can't wait, strawberries, broken up meringue and skinny cow, might even put some sweetened fromage frais on top. Thanks all x

In the latest book there is a recipe which is good and FREE, but I found you need to stir it every 20 mins while it is freezing, and then get it out a good half hour before you want to eat it or it will be too icy.
Ingredients:
3 eggs, separated
8-10tbsp sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g Muller light vanilla (A bit over 2 pots)
Serves 4.
METHOD:
Beat egg yolks with sweetener and vanilla extract until pale and thick.
In another bowl, beat egg whites until just stiff, then fold into yolk mixture.
Add the yoghurt and mix well.
Pour into a shallow container and freeze, stirring as above.
Take out, warm at room temp, and enjoy!!!

Back