Extra Easy Valentines day home cooked romantic meal tip's

t11cky

Both me and my Mrs are on weightwatchers at the moment, we both started at the same time!!
As I am sure most of you must know its also half term next week, we have 3 boys to look after.
I need some good ideas for a romantic meal that is either syn free or very low in syns, because the boys are off school ideally it needs to be pretty easy to make, Any ideas from you ladies what you would like or from the men of what you are planning!!

First ideas for me are some garlic mushrooms with a bit of salad in low fat ceaser salad dressing for a starter

And main meal, a nice piece of steak with oven chips and peas.

Desert, probably a syn free chessecake!!

What do you think???
Any suggestions would be greatly recieved!!

Confused.com...you say you started weight watchers do you mean slimming world?

Confused.com...you say you started weight watchers do you mean slimming world?

Thats the 2nd time in the last few days I have said weight watchers instead of slimming world!!!:cry:

Slimming world, slimming World, slimming world. I have to keep saying it to myself!!!:eek:

I like the sound of your menu but probably work out high in syns.

Steak, mushrooms, tomato, peas & maybe jacket spud or sw chips for main.

Starter & dessert can't think of anything just now...go to the recipe section there are loads of lovely recipes there....

Maybe stuff mushrooms & salad for starter....or a salmon/liver pate..prawns cocktail, melon boats...

Maybe that's boring...lol

Dessert half syn roulade, maybe use your syns on a bought dessert/cake.

Enjoy x

Would the chips contain syns?
How I have been cooking the chips is chopping the potatoes into a chip sort of shape and putting a few herbs on them and then cooking on the same baking tray as the meat, spraying the baking tray with low fat oil!! The cheese cake would be made with scan bran as well.
Surely that is syn free or am I wrong???

Sorry when you said oven chips I thought you meant the frozen ones from the supermarket...

Yes they are syn free & are known as sw chips lol x

Yep scan bran cheesecake cool too..

Sorry when you said oven chips I thought you meant the frozen ones from the supermarket...

Yes they are syn free & are known as sw chips lol x

Sorry still new to this, still learning all the names of things, Phew I thought my days of chips were completely over!!!:D

Lol sorry...good luck with it all x

That sounds lovely :) do you buy the magazines? They have been including dinner party suggestions recently.

My fella has offered to cook and I know he will go for stuffed chicken breast wrapped in lean Bacon. It's gorgeous with green beans and sweet potato wedges!!

Wouldn't mind trying the cheesecake!! I tried the choc scanbran cake once and it didn't go down well. Determined to eat scanbran tho!!

Have a lovely romantic meal!! Top marks for.offering to cook :)

I think just the fact that you wanted to cook a romantic meal for herself will win you enough brownie points that if the meal is total pants, she'll still love it lol
Homemade soup, or melon, or egg mayo salad using ex-light mayo, for starters?
The steak and chips sounds delicious... but when I think of a romantic meal, I think of a roast. Probably cos I'm Irish and we love our spuds haha
Dessert... hmmm... sugar free jelly, fruit and some cream in a can? Muller Light yogurt icecream? There's actually a recipe in the newest mag for lemon icecream that sounds delish.

And for the cheesecake why not make a Base using HexB of alpen light bars? Loads of people do it and its yummy.

For starter there are loads of things you could try :

Chilli and lime prawns on skewers on a salad
Chicken tikka bites with raita and mint yogurt
Soup
Melon boat
Prawn cocktail
Chicken liver pate and toast
Number of different flavoured humus with vegetable crudités
Lamb (or beef) kofte kebabs with salad
Vegetable and chicken skewers with spicy tomato dip
And the list goes on :) hope these help! Xx

Minks ;)