Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Help me...I'm a bloke

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by James., 18 June 2011 Social URL.

1. James.

James. New Member

Hi all,

I started SW last year and have been an on/off member since. I've had varying degrees of success but ultimately found it difficult being the only male in my class.

I'd love to find out if there are any male members in my area as i could really use the support.

Cheers

James

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rainbow Mum

Rainbow Mum Member

Start Weight:
    24st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Hi and welcome! I have only joined the forum today myself and find all the stories and support so inspiring. Don't worry about being the only male, i never batted a eyelid at any men in my weigh loss classes! I think i am going to follow the old weight watchers points plan. x

4. traymanda

traymanda Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi and welcome to the forum...xx

5. Fionat29

Fionat29 Still trying!

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    It's alright, you can't help being a bloke. Lol!
    Seriously though, we're all here because we're overweight and the fact that you've joined this forum means you've taken the first step towards losing it! ( the weight, not your marbles!)
    Welcome.

6. woodmouse

woodmouse Gold Member

Diet:
    various then S&S/Paleo now 5:2 with 16.8
    Hope you find more male members in your area to join your class or meet up with if that would make you feel more comfortable! Many years ago I belonged to a SW group near Norwich - loads of women, and only one man who was someone quite big in TV. Despite this he was rather shy in class, but after he had confessed that as soon as he got home from work his wife handed him a large bowl of raw cauliflower sprigs to be getting on with til dinner, he fitted in a treat! :)

7. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.5lb(15.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya James, welcome to Minimins. There's loads of guys on here, you're not aliens haha. Good luck with the weightloss

8. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    We have lots of blokes on here and many do SW. Post in the SW section and you might find them

Irene xx

9. scott-m7xxd

scott-m7xxd Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(26.05%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    welcome and good look with your journey, i felt similar last year when i attended slimming world but at the end of the day we was all there for the same reason i guess :)

10. Tazzy

Tazzy Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(10.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS/Exante
    Hi James. I'm new here too. Sadly I'm not a bloke, but I do look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

11. Jayno

Jayno Member

Start Weight:
    22st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(13.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi James
    Alas I am not a bloke but I too am new on here, and doing SW too. Hope you get to meet more SW guys on here to share ideas wit, am sure there are plenty, we have quite a few at our group so they're out there somewhere ;o)
    Good luck
    jay xx

12. AJ>

AJ> Member

I'm a bloke, have found really friendly group in upwell so feel absolutely fine, was another couple of blokes now since man-tactic week another two joined so no problem at all about being a man. Admittedly when I first looked at web site before I joined the fact that there was no mention of men like extra allowances and different diet I was nearly put off.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.