Help me keep on the straight and narrow!

Kat1991

Hi Everyone

I have finally decided that I want to keep a blog to help me keep myself motivated and so I can surround myself with positive people who will encourage me to keep going.

A bit of back ground information. I started the Cambridge diet in Nov 2012 and finished in May 2013, in that I went from 14st11 to 11st12. It was quite a slow process compared to most other people who are on a VLCD as my bf is totally rubbish at motivating me. He'd rather me be big I think!! He is always trying to feed me, and wins the battle most of the time!!

Last month I bought at months' worth of SnS, done it here and there for a few days but I absolutely hated all the meal packs so gave up when I was only left with those (so I now have loads of packs I wont eat!!):d'oh:

My SnS package should be arriving today while I'm at work, so I will officially restart tomorrow. I havent done an offical pre-diet weigh in yet, but i believe i'm around 13st09 now.

I have ordered loads of shakes, bars and chicken curry noodle soups. A lot of people don’t like the shakes but I like them as they are quick and easy in the morning, and will have another one with my low carb meal each evening.

I will be fit and healthy one day!!

So 'starting tomorrow' didn’t go well as today is officially restart day 1.

Also managed to weigh myself and I am a little more than I thought, 11st11lb.

Had a mint choc shake this morning and had a chicken and prawn salad for lunch. I wasn’t planning on having my low carb meal for lunch, I would have preferred to have it for dinner, but had to take a new girl at work for lunch. Thankfully we only went to the canteen where there is a salad bar. I will have to have my bar for dinner today, I'm sure it won't satisfy me, but let's not speak too soon as I am actually pretty full from lunch.

I'm actually gutted that I have put on nearly everything I lost when I done the Cambridge diet (all but a stone). I bought a gorgeous dress when I was at my lowest weight, very tight fitting body con dress which was a size 14 - that dress is now my goal dress. Who knows, maybe this time I will do one better and the dress will be too big!!

I'm also not telling people I'm on a diet, if people as I will tell them I'm on a Christmas detox J

Hello, your lunch sounds yummy!!
I've kept quiet about this diet and have found it soooo much easier! I've slowly divulged my nearest and dearest and they have been supportive - but I'm so 'in' the diet now that I guess no-one can make unsupportive negative comments as it clearly shows that it works and hasn't made me ill, etc etc!!
Good luck and take it day by day! Soon you'll be wearing that dress and wishing it was a smaller size!! :)

I have just reaslied I said I weighed myself and was 11st11lb – wishful thinking obviously as I am actually 13st11lb!!

Yes it was nice, I did have some beetroot which I shouldn’t have done but at least it wasn’t a crusty roll or some chips!

People knew I was on CD when I last lost the weight previously and people are quick to judge. Even when they did notice the difference I had people telling me how bad it is for me blah blah blah, but surely eating less food then normal is better than eating too much food and putting on weight?!

I think some people just don’t understand. If someone tried telling me I was wrong for doing a VLCD because it's far too little calories to be eating, I would point out that your stomach is the size of your fist and you don't actually need tons of food. Used to shut them up quick :)

I think the proof is in the success to be honest. VLCDs are hard and require so much discipline. I think a lot of people are jealous and some are just too quick to judge without doing any research. I usually just say I'm low carbing or being good as it saves questions, comments and opinions! Xx

Back